Report: Woman hides dagger in comb handle
PUNTA GORDA — A local woman was arrested Tuesday on a concealed weapon charge after she tried to sneak a dagger into the Charlotte County Justice Center, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Kimberly Snyder, 45, of the 26100 block of Madras Court, was charged with carrying a concealed weapon in connection with the incident.
According to the report, Snyder was passing through security at the justice center Tuesday morning when the X-ray scanner revealed a dagger-type knife in her purse. Deputies did not find the dagger upon an initial search, but a review of the scanner image of Snyder’s purse reportedly revealed the dagger hidden inside a comb handle.
Snyder was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where she remains on $1,000 bond.
North Port woman injured in rollover
LEE COUNTY — A North Port woman was ejected from her vehicle Wednesday morning when it struck a guardrail and overturned on Interstate 75, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report.
Angelina Sergeyevna Osipov, 25, of North Port, was seriously injured when her 2001 Acura overturned, the report states. She was traveling south on I-75 around mile marker 134, east of Fort Myers, when she reportedly lost control of the vehicle and struck the guardrail. No other vehicles were involved in the accident.
Osipov was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital in Fort Myers.
She was cited for careless driving and a seat belt violation, the report shows. Alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Jason Sheene Debose, 40, of Tampa. Charges: hit and run, DUI and knowingly driving with a suspended license. Bond: $4,000.
• James Paul Smolin Jr., 28, 100 block of Fairway Road, Rotonda West. Charges: failure to appear and driving with a suspended license. Bond: none.
• Derrik Lee Rauh, 22, 15500 block of Mapletree Drive, Punta Gorda. Charges: burglary and grand theft. Bond: $12,500.
• Marcella Anne Johnson, 41, 700 block of Crestview Circle, Port Charlotte. Charge: knowingly driving with a suspended license. Bond: $500.
• Theresa Marie Rucker, 37, 2000 block of Carpetgreen St., Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: $500.
• Troy Shane McGee, 22, 22200 block of Olean Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charge: resisting arrest. Bond: $1,000.
• Demarko Antonio Jumar Plain, 33, 23100 block of Allen Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: driving with a suspended license). Bond: $550.
• George Vasdilyevich Solovyanchik, 19, 900 block of Bartlett Ave., Englewood. Charges: resisting arrest and disturbing the peace. Bond: none.
• Michael Patrick Johnston, 38, 8200 block of Archie St., Englewood. Charges: battery on a person 65 years old or older, and violation of probation (original charges: habitually driving with a suspended license and resisting arrest). Bond: none.
• Natalya V. Solovyanchik, 21, 900 block of Bartlett Ave., Englewood. Charges: disturbing the peace and trespassing. Bond: $1,500.
• Scott Michael Hitchcock, 18, 1200 block of Coral Lane, Englewood. Charge: carrying a concealed weapon. Bond: $1,000.
The Punta Gorda Police Department reported the following arrests:
• Lauren Doris Mellon, 27, 800 block of Calvert Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: trespassing, grand theft, counterfeiting and dealing in stolen property. Bond: $7,500.
• Aaron James Murray, 24, 36800 block of Washington Loop Road, Punta Gorda. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Elizabeth Rebecca Gale, 38, 24000 block of Madaca Lane, Port Charlotte. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester