Report: Cops spot
drug deal in progress
PORT CHARLOTTE — Charlotte County Sheriff’s Narcotics Unit detectives who observed a drug deal in progress Friday afternoon arrested two local men on drug charges, according to a CCSO report.
The detectives, who reportedly were watching a parking lot on the 2000 block of Forrest Nelson Drive in Port Charlotte, arrested George H. Howell on charges of drug trafficking, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was jailed on $58,000 bond.
Robert A. Smith also was arrested on a charge of possession of a controlled substance. He was jailed on $2,500 bond.
The suspects’ ages and addresses were not released.
“Specific details are not being released at this time, as this is an ongoing drug investigation,” the report states.
CHARLOTTE COUNTY — Beginning Monday, the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office will increase traffic enforcement at the following locations:
• Entire length of Bermont Road, from Punta Gorda to the Glades County line.
• Entire length of State Road 776, from Port Charlotte to Englewood.
Traffic light/stop sign enforcement:
• Kings Highway and Interstate 75/Exit 170, Port Charlotte.
• U.S. 41 and Cochran Boulevard, Port Charlotte.
Deputies also are participating in the “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign, which is set to continue through the Labor Day weekend, coming to a close Sept. 3.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Jacqueline Marie Colburn, 24, of St. Petersburg. Charge: petty theft. Bond: $2,000.
• Sarah Renee Minton, 26, of Bunker Lane, Rotonda West. Charge: petty theft. Bond: $1,000.
• Leah Laraine Whitaker, 28, 500 block of San Marie Drive, Punta Gorda. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Sean Patrick Kilgore, 18, 4000 block of Shell Drive, Punta Gorda. Charges: driving while license is suspended, driving without insurance and attaching a tag not assigned. Bond: $1,500.
• Adam Troy Kumis, 22, 21400 block of Meehan Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: none.
• Terry Dewayne Moore, 47, 2400 block of Lakeshore Circle, Port Charlotte. Charges: neglect of a child and DUI. Bond: $3,200.
• Shannon Marie Connor, 31, 5400 block of Colfax Terrace, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: $2,500.
• Zachary Christopher Hof, 32, 18700 block of Ackerman Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: out-of-county warrant. Bond: $3,000.
• John Eric Homesley, 33, 21900 block of Belinda Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: child cruelty. Bond: $10,000.
• Brandon Jacob Parolisi, 18, 2300 block of Halvum Road, North Port. Charges: trespassing and fraud by providing false identification to an officer. Bond: $2,000.
• Giovanni Carralero, 31, of Dade County Jail, Miami. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: none.
• Mark Anthony Werman, 27, 7400 block of Hart St., Englewood. Charge: petty theft. Bond: $1,000.
• Janice Dianne Riccio, 44, 10400 block of Kidron Ave., Englewood. DUI. Bond: $1,000.
• Alex Michael Pettie, 22, 900 block of Brengle Ave., Englewood. Charges: two counts of violation of probation. Bond: none.
• Eric Devon Lazenby, 22, of Columbus, Ohio. Charges: kidnapping with the intent to commit or facilitate commission of a felony, and kidnapping/false imprisonment of an adult. Bond: $60,000.
— Compiled by Greg Martin
and Marion Putman