Prostitution sting nets 3 arrests
PUNTA GORDA — An undercover prostitution sting led to the arrest of three people Tuesday at a motel near Interstate 75, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Arrested were Ashley Marie Deluca, 26, of Fort Myers; and Brian Ashley Flowers, 31, and Eugene Lawrence Smith, 85, both of North Fort Myers, in connection with the incident.
According to the report, detectives arranged the meeting with Deluca using the website Backpage.com, where Deluca allegedly had her services listed. Deluca agreed to meet the caller for a price of $200 at the Knights Inn motel at I-75 and exit 161 (Jones Loop Road), the report states.
Deluca arrived in a red pickup with Flowers and Smith as passengers, according to the report, and went to the gas station next door with the detective to buy condoms.
When they returned to the motel, Deluca began to undress and that’s when a “take-down” signal was given and Deluca was taken into custody. Flowers and Smith were arrested a short time later, with Flowers telling detectives they were there to protect Deluca.
All three were arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail. Deluca was charged with prostitution and habitually driving with a suspended license. Flowers was charged with aiding in prostitution, and Smith was charged with resisting arrest.
Smith was released after posting $1,000 bond. The other two remain in jail. Deluca on $2,000 bond, and Flowers on $1,500 bond.
Man jerks teen’s chain, gets arrested
NORTH PORT — As a 16-year-old was entering a Chevron station Tuesday night with a$20 bill in his hand, he was approached by a 31-year-old who asked him for 50 cents.
According to a North Port police report, the teen told the man “no” and walked into the store at 9:16 p.m. The man, Mark Stiner, followed. After the teen paid for his gas, Stiner walked up to him inside the store.
According to the report, Stiner grabbed the teen by his $300 gold necklace and pulled it tightly. The teen grabbed Stiner’s hand to prevent him from ripping off the chain. Stiner told the teen, “You’re lucky I don’t rip this off your neck because you don’t know who you’re messing with,” the report shows.
Stiner left the store, got on a bike and pedaled northbound on nearby Eager Street.
The teen called his mother and police. He described the man who allegedly tried to rob him as having many tattoos on his arms, neck and back, and gold teeth.
Police later located Stiner not far away at his home on the 8000 block of Cristobal Avenue. An officer drove the victim past Stiner at the house, and the teen identified him as the man who grabbed his necklace.
Stiner was arrested on a charge of robbery by sudden snatching and taken to the Sarasota County Jail. He later was released on $1,500 bond.
Two arrested on drug charges after traffic stop
PUNTA GORDA — A traffic stop of a speeding vehicle turned into an arrest of two alleged methamphetamine and marijuana dealers on Tuesday afternoon, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Devon Richard Nostdahl, 20, of the 30000 block of Villa Street; and Richard Michael Lewis, 18, of the 1000 block of Bounds Street — both in Port Charlotte, were charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession of more than 20 grams of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Nostdahl additionally was charged with delivering methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance and violation of probation, while Lewis additionally was charged with carrying a concealed weapon in connection with the incident.
According to the report, the two were pulled over in South Punta Gorda when the car driven by Nostdahl was clocked at 70 mph. A deputy saw Nostdahl spill a powdery substance over his lap as he approached the car. Nostdahl told the deputy he was delivering the substance, which tested positive for methamphetamine, to a person in Port Charlotte from another party in Fort Myers, the report states.
A search of the vehicle allegedly turned up 17 Ziploc plastic baggies, 27 grams of marijuana, a digital scale, a glass pipe with methamphetamine residue, three burnt marijuana butts, a butterfly knife, metal knuckles and a loaded .38-caliber handgun.
While the search was taking place, Lewis received text messages from an individual looking to purchase marijuana, according to the report.
Both men were arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where Lewis was released on $7,000 bond. Nostdahl remains in jail without bond.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Orlando Jehovy Lopez, 36, 2400 block of Bahia Vista St., Sarasota. Charge: habitually driving with a suspended license. Bond: $2,500.
• Antonio Vasquez, 36, 2100 block of Bay St., Sarasota. Charge: permitting an unauthorized person to drive. Bond: $500.
• Jacqueline Ranee Jansen, 28, 400 block of San Cristobal Ave., Punta Gorda. Charges: battery and violation of probation (original charges: trafficking in stolen property and fraud). Bond: none.
• Andrew James Schramm, 21, 4400 block of Conway Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charges: burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, grand theft and dealing in stolen property. Bond: none.
• Marc Edward Becker, 50, 600 block of Tamiami Trail N, Nokomis. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: DUI — third violation within 10 years, refusal to submit to DUI testing and driving with a suspended license). Bond: none.
• Donald Lewis Jacobs II, 31, 1900 block of Kentucky Ave., Englewood. Charges: failure to maintain vehicle insurance, driving with a suspended license — third or subsequent offense and failure to register a motor vehicle. Bond: $3,500.
• Johnathan David Lindow, 39, 12000 block of Gulfstream Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Mark Kevin Blevins, 39, 3100 block of Easy St., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of a county ordinance. Bond: $250.
The Punta Gorda Police Department reported the following arrest:
• Andrew Scott Fultz, 27, 800 block of Indian Creek Lane, Punta Gorda. Charge: driving with a suspended license. Bond: $500.
The North Port Police Department reported the following arrests:
• Kimberly Ann Ash, 48, 6600 block of Rue Court, North Port. Charges: battery on an officer, firefighter or EMT; and resisting an officer without violence. Bond: none.
• Angelina Tamara Basilotto, 32, 3400 block of Ulmann St., North Port. Charge: Polk County warrant for failure to appear (original charge: petty theft). Bond: $500.
• Timothy Richard Rice, 34, 4800 block of Dakota Terrace, North Port. Charge: Hillsborough County warrant for violation of probation (original charge: sexual battery on a victim younger than 12). Bond: none.
• Dean William Musgrove, 28, 6600 block of Marius Road, North Port. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• George William Musgrove, 46, 4800 block of Chicopa St., North Port. Charges: two counts of violation of conditional release, resisting an officer and fleeing to elude. Bond: none.
• Melvin Hillard, 55, 2800 block of E. Price Drive, North Port. Charges: two counts of contempt (original charges: two counts of failure to appear for possession of a canceled or revoked driver’s license, and driving while license is suspended — second or subsequent offense). Bond: $25,000.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• John Merrell Crain, 36, 200 block of New York Ave., Englewood. Charge: contempt (original charge: failure to appear for petty theft). Bond: $5,000.
• Kevin Michael Seuch, 25, of Harbor Drive, Venice. Charge: possession of marijuana. Bond: none.
• Travis Jay Crane, 27, 6700 block of Beedla St., North Port. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: retail theft). Bond: $10,000.
• Robert A. Culbert, 51, 5600 block of Baker Road, North Port. Charge: filing a false statement to obtain unemployment compensation. Bond: $1,500.
• Shannon Marie Strickland, 18, 200 block of Durian Road, Venice. Charge: battery. Bond: $750.
• James Paul Reese, 42, 1200 block of W. Taggard Road, North Port. Charge: contempt (original charge: failure to appear for DUI). Bond: $10,000.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester, Elaine Allen-Emrich and