Report: Man charged with touching girl
NORTH PORT — North Port police arrested a local man Tuesday evening after a 14-year-old girl said he has been touching her inappropriately since she was 12.
Bryce A. Mumma, 35, of the 3100 block of Eagle Pass Street, was arrested just before 7 p.m. and charged with lewd or lascivious behavior on a victim age 12-16, and three counts of lewd or lascivious behavior on a victim age 12-16 by a person over the age of 18. He remained at the Sarasota County Jail Wednesday on $800,000 bond.
According to an NPPD report, the victim on Tuesday approached one of the school resource officers at North Port High School and told him that Mumma had been touching her both over and under her clothes, at times removing some of her clothing, and also performed a sex act on her.
The victim, who said she didn’t know what to do and was scared, was also interviewed by investigators at the police department. She told officers about four different incidents and said several of the instances — the most recent on Aug. 25 — took place when Mumma, at times dressed only in boxers, called her into a room and locked the door to prevent her from getting away, according to the report.
The victim also said Mumma once bribed her to touch him, saying he would buy her anything she wanted, the report states.
Two men charged with stealing fishing equipment
ENGLEWOOD — Two men were arrested Tuesday after authorities say they stole multiple items from boats docked at Weston’s Wanna B Inn resort, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Stephen Thomas Sharpe, 24, of Polk City; and Robert Edwin Clinton, 43, of the 5400 block of Gillot Boulevard, Gulf Cove, were charged with four counts of burglary of an unoccupied conveyance, three counts of grand theft, and two counts of dealing in stolen property.
According to the report, authorities received four reports Monday morning of fishing equipment allegedly stolen from three boats in the marina at the resort, located on the 900 block of Gulf Boulevard, Englewood. Stolen items included rods and reels, a tackle box, a net, a knife, fish markers and a trolling motor. The items were valued at $2,285, the report states.
Detectives were able to identify Sharpe and Clinton as the alleged burglars, but neither their investigative methods nor the reasoning for their conclusions were stated in the report.
Both men were arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail. Bond information was incomplete Wednesday afternoon.
Theft suspects caught on tape
SARASOTA COUNTY — The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office hopes releasing surveillance video of two suspects using stolen credit cards at Macy’s will help them identify and catch the thieves.
The credit cards were taken from the trunk of a rental vehicle parked at Siesta Key Beach Access 5 on Friday. The victim’s financial institution reported that the cards were used at Westfield Sarasota Square Mall in two transactions totaling nearly $800.
Store security officers determined that the cards were used by the man and woman seen on surveillance video, which can be viewed on the SCSO YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/user/SarasotaSheriff.
One suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his late 20s,
5 feet 11 inches tall, and between 160-170 pounds, with short black hair and glasses. The other suspect is a white female in her late 20s with long, dirty-blond hair.
Anyone with information about these suspects can leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers by calling 941-366-TIPS (8477), or online at www.sarasotacrimestoppers.com, or via text message by texting TIP109 plus a message to CRIMES (274637).
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Aaron Lawson Shinn, 40, 100 block of Rotonda Lake Circle, Rotonda West. Charges: possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $3,500.
• Nicole Haas, 40, 3400 block of Peace River Drive, Punta Gorda. Charges: possession of cocaine with the intent to deliver and possession of cocaine. Bond: $7,500.
• Timothy Craig Pickel, 33, 11200 block of Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda. Charges: armed burglary, unarmed burglary, grand theft of a firearm, possession of a weapon or ammunition by a convicted felon, and petty theft. Bond: none.
• Robert William Hull II, 27, 2400 block of Tamworth Terrace, Punta Gorda. Charge: contempt of court. Bond: $500.
• Richard Raymond Fail, 51, 6000 block of Padula St., Punta Gorda. Charge: out-of-county warrant. Bond: none.
• Kenneth Allen Richey, 56, 200 block of Tarpon Way, Punta Gorda. Charges: battery and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without the intent to kill. Bond: none.
• Justin Alan Kase, 57, 2500 block of Luther Road, Deep Creek. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: DUI). Bond: $650.
• Conrad William Robinson, 52, 100 block of Purus Ave., Punta Gorda. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• John Patrick Grempel, 41, 2500 block of Haven St., Port Charlotte. Charge: possession of a weapon or ammunition by a convicted felon. Bond: $5,000.
• Shannon Lynn Nix, 41, 8100 block of Wilshire Drive, Port Charlotte. Charge: driving with a suspended license. Bond: $500.
• Mautz James Sanders, 21, 2400 block of Beacon Drive, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, selling or delivering a controlled substance, and resisting arrest). Bond: none.
• Debbie Kay Weaver, 39, 200 block of Fields Terrace, Port Charlotte. Charge: driving with a suspended license. Bond: $500.
• Kelly Ann Easton, 20, 21000 block of Denise Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: two counts each of failure to appear and petty theft. Bond: $12,000.
• Craig Andrew Shoosh, 43, address withheld. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Jerry Lewis Galindo, 36, 2700 block of Brewster Road, North Port. Charge: habitually driving with a suspended license. Bond: $2,500.
• John Michael Nastiuk, 55, 8100 block of Coco Solo Ave., North Port. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Jennifer Renee Powers, 25, of Fort Myers. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: selling or manufacturing a controlled substance, possession of controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia). Bond: none.
• Michael Tito Lorenzo, 20, of Summerfield, Fla. Charges: two counts of failure to appear, possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $22,000.
• John Anthony Buckingham, 43, 22500 block of Westchester Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Kevin Armatrading, 21, 21000 block of Exmore Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: out-of-county warrant and fraud. Bond: none.
• Katelyn C. Connor, 27, 21000 block of Exmore Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: resisting arrest and driving with a suspended license for more than six months. Bond: $1,500.
• Brett Anthony Langley, 20, 100 block of Strasburg Lane, Port Charlotte. Charges: possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $2,000.
• Lee James Marshall, 30, 6400 block of Dutzura St., Englewood. Charges: petty theft and resisting arrest. Bond: $1,500.
• Kayla Mae Henderson, 18, 2800 block of 12th St., Englewood. Charge: petty theft. Bond: $500.
The Punta Gorda Police Department reported the following arrests:
• Kendra Nicole Mason, 16, 1700 block of Taylor Road, Punta Gorda. Charge: battery. She was released into the custody of her parents.
• Caitlyn Ruth Junius, 28, 1300 block of Longbow Ave., North Port. Charge: DUI. Bond $750.
The North Port Police Department reported the following arrest:
• Alex Vincente Baez, 19, 2200 block of Ann Arbor Road, North Port. Charge: criminal mischief with property damage. Bond: $500.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Jason G. Heath, 25, 1000 block of Nantucket Road, Venice. Charges: dealing in stolen property and giving false ownership information for pawned items. Bond: $2,500.
• Edwina Rosa Jr., 22, 4200 block of Amari Road, Venice. Charges: two counts of contempt (original charges: two counts of failure to appear for no driver’s license and possession of marijuana). Bond: $5,000.
• Cheryl Delmotte, 47, 2500 block of Gentian Road, Venice. Charge: battery. Bond: $750.
— Compiled by
and Drew Winchester