Report: 2 men fake robbery, steal money
PORT CHARLOTTE — Two men were arrested Wednesday for stealing an $8,000 deposit belonging to the McDonald’s restaurant at which they were employed, after they originally reported being robbed prior to the money being deposited in the bank, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Geraldo Francisco Laboriel, 21, and Kenny B. Adams, 23, both of the 2300 block of Catherine Avenue, Port Charlotte, were charged with grand theft and making a false report of a crime.
According to the report, Laboriel and Adams told authorities they were robbed by a black male wearing a hooded sweatshirt when they attempted to make a deposit at Florida Community Bank on the 1200 block of Tamiami Trail around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
When taken in for questioning, both men allegedly admitted they planned and staged the robbery to keep the deposit money. Both men are employees of the McDonald’s, located on the 24100 block of Peachland Blvd., with Laboriel working as a shift manager at the restaurant, according to the report.
Both were arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where they remain on $8,000 bond each.
Man charged with selling stolen jewelry
PORT CHARLOTTE —
A Deep Creek man was arrested Thursday for selling stolen jewelry to local pawn shops, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Jordan Simon Johnson, 22, of the 25900 block of Aysen Drive, was charged with three counts each of dealing in stolen property and giving false pawn information.
According to the report, the CCSO received calls from homeowners in late August reporting thousands of dollars of jewelry being stolen from their homes. Sheriff’s detectives used the computer Pawn Finder system and found several items that matched reports from those recent burglaries.
Pawn documents obtained by detectives allegedly contained Johnson’s information, including his photo ID and thumbprint. He was taken in for questioning and later arrested.
Johnson was transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he remains on $22,500 bond. Investigations into the home-burglary/jewelry-theft cases are ongoing.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Sandra Lynn Helsel, 59, 200 block of Riviera Court, Punta Gorda. Charge: out-of-county warrant. Bond: $250.
• Henry Gaston IV, 52, 27200 block of Jones Loop Road, Punta Gorda. Charges: failure to appear, DUI, fleeing, failure to register a motor vehicle, operating a motor vehicle without a valid license and resisting arrest. Bond: none.
• Christopher Allen Fell, 25, 26600 block of Fairway Drive, Punta Gorda. Charge: aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without the intent to kill. Bond: none.
• Joseph Michael Connellan, 21, 26000 block of Rampart Blvd., Deep Creek. Charges: passing a forged driver’s license and driving with a suspended license. Bond: $1,000.
• Brandi Lynn Drake, 32, 21300 block of Meehan Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: illegal use of credit cards, grand theft and exploitation of the elderly. Bond: $7,500.
• Christopher Paul Kelly, 41, 20200 block of Bachmann Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: fleeing, DUI, resisting arrest, possession of an open alcohol container and failure to obey a traffic-control device). Bond: none.
• Erik Travis Anderson, 29, 8200 block of Antwerp Circle, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: battery). Bond: none.
• Thomas Donald Clemens, 33, 22400 block of Catherine Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: driving with a suspended license). Bond: $850.
• Jason Lee Miller, 43, 3000 block of Pinetree St., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: DUI and driving with a suspended license). Bond: none.
• Brett Anthony Langley, 20, 100 block of Strasburg Drive, Port Charlotte. Charges: possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $2,000.
• Collin Paul Smith, 26, 25200 block of Rampart Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charges: out-of-county warrant, driving with a suspended license — second offense, passing a forged or altered driver’s license and presenting noncurrent insurance information. Bond: none.
• Pablo Manuel Ceballo, 33, 100 block of Orlando Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: littering more than 500 pounds of hazardous waste. Bond: $2,500.
• Derrick Anwar Woods, 30, 100 block of Orange Grove Ave. N, Nokomis. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: none.
• Rebecca Ann Zepf, 37, 2500 block of Placida Road, Grove City. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia). Bond: none.
• Michael Todd Schmees, 38, of Felicity, Ohio. Charges: forgery and passing a forged instrument. Bond: none.
• Kayla Mae Henderson, 18, 2800 block of 12th St., Englewood. Charges: petty theft and two counts of failure to appear. She was transported to the Department of Juvenile Justice facility in Fort Myers.
• Evan Taylor Herpin, 19, of Cape Coral. Charge: petty theft. Bond: $1,000.
• Juan Riveros Viveros, 46, of Cape Coral. Charge: operating a motor vehicle without a valid license. Bond: $500.
• Colleen Marie Janek, 53, 9300 block of Nastrand Circle, Port Charlotte. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Nicholas Michael Jakimer, 24, 100 block of Concord Drive, Port Charlotte. Charges: possession of cocaine, possession of a controlled substance and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $6,000.
• Jesse Raoul, 25, 1600 block of Sheehan Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charges: battery and violation of probation (original charge: DUI). Bond: none.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester