Report: Man charged with making false reports
GROVE CITY — Authorities arrested a local man on Thursday for overdrawing his bank account then reporting that his son took the cash without his consent, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Scott Douglas Jury, 53, of the 2800 block of Oyster Creek Drive, was charged with making a false report of the commission of a crime.
According to the report, Jury twice contacted authorities to inform them his account had been overdrawn, and he suspected that his son was responsible for taking more than $1,500.
Jury was asked to identify 11 separate transactions he suspected were fraudulent, and when he did so, investigators were able to match ATM photos of Jury withdrawing the funds himself on those 11 dates. Jury later told authorities he used the money to pay bills and purchase illegal prescription pills, the report states.
Jury was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he was released on $1,000 bond.
Report: Man attacks roommate with knife
PORT CHARLOTTE — A local man was arrested on Thursday after he allegedly attacked his roommate with a knife and caused several severe cuts to the roommate’s hand, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Troy Shane McGee, 22, was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
According to the report, McGee ambushed his roommate and put a knife to his neck. The victim then struggled and was able to grab the knife, but in doing so, he sustained deep lacerations to his pinky, ring and middle fingers, the report states.
When interviewed by authorities, McGee reportedly said he and the victim had a conflict earlier in the day and he feared the victim’s family was going to cause him harm. McGee told authorities he was only protecting himself, the report states.
McGee was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he was released Friday on $10,000 bond.
CHARLOTTE COUNTY — Beginning Monday, the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office will increase traffic enforcement at the following locations:
• Entire length of Midway Boulevard, Port Charlotte.
• Entire length of Sandhill Boulevard, Deep Creek area.
Traffic light/stop sign enforcement:
• U.S. 41 and Murdock Circle, Port Charlotte.
• U.S. 41 and Tuckers Grade, south of Punta Gorda.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• David John Ritchie, 19, 1800 block of Scotch Pine Court, Punta Gorda. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: criminal mischief). Bond: $1,025.
• Brenda Michelle Gates, 36, 4500 block of Shady Lane, Port Charlotte. Charges: petty theft and trespassing. Bond: $1,500.
• Stacy Ann O’Neill, 43, 1300 block of Inverness St., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: none.
• Ramon David Nicholson, 22, 1000 block of Northview St., Port Charlotte. Charges: failure to appear and possession of a weapon or ammunition by a convicted felon. Bond: none.
• Angela Landron, 50, 5400 block of Phelps Lane, Port Charlotte. Charges: failure to appear, possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $15,000.
• Margaret Janette Bryant, 48, 800 block of Neptune St., Port Charlotte. Charge: grand theft. Bond: $2,500.
• Rafael Alberto Nazario, 42, 2600 block of Lakeshore Circle, Port Charlotte. Charges: driving with a suspended license — third offense, possession or display of a canceled or revoked driver’s license and violation of financial responsibility law. Bond: $4,500.
• Lorie M. McDaniel, 44, 400 block of Wabash Terrace, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: burglary and petty theft). Bond: none.
• Lindsay Kristine Salter, 25, 200 block of Cedarwood St., Port Charlotte. Charges: two counts of possession of a controlled substance, and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $6,000.
• Paul Dominic Montalbano, 62, 900 block of Columbia Terrace, Port Charlotte. Charges: failure to appear and driving with a suspended license for more than six months. Bond: $4,000.
• Crystal Nichole Skinner, 20, 300 block of Yukon Drive, Port Charlotte. Charge: petty theft. Bond: $500.
• Charlotte J. Collier, 57, 23100 block of Goldcoast Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: making a false statement to obtain unemployment compensation. Bond: none.
• Marquis Lamar Harris, 21, 6800 block of Caravel Ave., North Port. Charge: Sarasota County warrant. Bond: none.
• Susan Margaret Johnson, 51, 2600 block of San Mateo Drive, North Port. Charge: petty theft. Bond: $1,000.
• Christopher Montgomery, 20, 1000 block of S.W. Holiday St., Arcadia. Charges: failure to appear, burglary and grand theft. Bond: none.
• Christian Michael Carter, 33, Albertville, Ala. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: grand theft and unlicensed contracting during a state of emergency). Bond: none.
• Coedy Don Alan Sears, 22, 22300 block of Tennyson Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: resisting arrest without violence. Bond: $1,000.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester