Two charged in three home burglaries
PORT CHARLOTTE — Authorities have tied two men to three alleged burglaries of two homes in early May, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Arrested were Joshua Ray Robinson, 22, of the 4600 block of Washington Blvd., Sarasota, and Jordan Simon Johnson, 22, of the 25900 block of Aysen Drive, Deep Creek. They were charged with three counts of grand theft, two counts of armed burglary, and one count of burglary.
According to a report, Johnson and Robinson burglarized a home in the 2000 block of Northview St., Port Charlotte, on May 1 and May 2, taking a laptop, handguns, two shotguns, a small safe, jewelry and $1,170. They were alleged to have burglarized a home in the 400 block of Birchcrest Blvd., Port Charlotte, on May 6, stealing a safe, jewelry and $3,000.
Detectives were able to tie them to the burglaries using fingerprints found at the home on Birchcrest Boulevard, the report states, but it’s unclear how the suspects were tied to the burglary on Northview Street.
Johnson has been in jail since Sept. 6 on previous grand theft and burglary charges. Robinson was arrested on Tuesday for violating his probation on separate charges.
Additional charges are expected to be filed, according to the report, in these and other home burglary cases. They were burglarizing the homes to support their drug habit, the report states. They remain in jail without bond.
Police arrest man shooting gun in neighborhood
NORTH PORT — North Port Police have arrested a man after he allegedly fired several shots into the air Wednesday afternoon.
According to NPPD Capt. Tony Siriani, officers responded to the 1800 block of Gauguin Road at 2:54 p.m., where a white male subject was reportedly shooting a handgun in the air and acting in an erratic manner. He left the immediate area in a blue SUV. The complainant, his father, followed him. Officers located and arrested the suspect without further incident near the 2900 block of Grandview Drive.
No one was injured in the incident. Several nearby schools — Toledo Blade Elementary, Imagine School at North Port and Woodland Middle — were placed on lockdown for about 20 minutes as a precaution. The lock down was lifted at 3:17 p.m.
Late Wednesday, the suspect was identified as David Patrick Moore, Siriani said in an email. Moore has been charged with reckless display of a firearm, shooting from a roadway, robbery, battery and aggravated assault.
Officers are continuing to investigate the incident.
I-75 lanes reopened
NOKOMIS — Two lanes of northbound Interstate 75 near the 200 mile marker were reopened late Tuesday after they were originally expected to remain closed through Wednesday morning. The lanes were closed due to road damage from an overturned gravel truck on Tuesday, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.
According to an FHP report, shortly before
6 a.m. Tuesday, Bradford D. Lambert, 58, of Venice, was driving a dump truck with a full load of gravel north on I-75, north of State Road 681 in the outside lane. Lambert told troopers that his front right tire blew out, causing him to lose control of the vehicle. Traffic was snarled for hours.
FHP reported the
two lanes open again at 8:32 p.m. Tuesday.
Woman charged with smuggling pills into jail
GROVE CITY — Authorities say a woman charged with a Tuesday night DUI attempted to sneak almost 30 Xanax prescription pills into jail after her arrest, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Morgan Francis Carle, 29, of the 1000 block of Gasparilla Road, Placida, was charged with DUI, smuggling contraband into a detention facility, possession of a controlled substance, resisting arrest, knowingly driving with a suspended license and violation of probation in connection with the incident.
According to a report, Carle was pulled over near Placida Road and Mississippi Avenue after a deputy spotted her driving erratically. She was arrested due to having a suspended license and failing to perform field sobriety tests, the report states.
While being strip-searched at the Charlotte County Jail, corrections deputies found 29 ½ Xanax pills in her shorts, the report states. While taking a breath test, Carle blew a 0.159 and 0.155, about twice the legal limit.
Carle remained in the Charlotte County Jail without bond.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Courtney Paige Bass, 18, 8100 block of Memory Lane, Rotonda West. Charges: possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and possession of narcotics equipment. Bond: $3,500.
• Michael Lee Pitts, 25, 800 block of Boundary Blvd., Rotonda West. Charge: carrying a concealed firearm. Bond: $1,000.
• Chadwick Joseph Skinner, 40, 1100 block of Capricorn Blvd., Punta Gorda. Charge: driving with a suspended license third or subsequent offense. Bond: none.
• Brian Ross Orme, 39, 1300 block of Hemlock Ave., Punta Gorda. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: aggravated stalking and violation of injunction for protection). Bond: none.
• Darryl Lauren Brown, 59, 500 block of Drury Lane, Punta Gorda. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: driving with a suspended license). Bond: $550.
• Mark Wayne Templeton, 31, 1200 block of Clearview Drive, Port Charlotte. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• William Aaron Holmberg, 20, 100 block of S. Waterway Drive, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: two counts of battery). Bond: none.
• Richard Leon Wakely, 41, 21500 block of Gibralter Drive, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: $1,200.
• Jeremiah Harvey Lanford, 26, 700 block of Crestview Circle, Port Charlotte. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Joan Maureen Nunez, 20, North Fort Myers. Charges: failure to appear (original charges: possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, possession of narcotic equipment and prostitution). Bond: $13,000.
• Heather Ann Jordan, 29, Lake City, Fla. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: petty theft). Bond: none.
• Tarvis Lyndell Brown, 31, Fort Myers. Charges: three counts of violation of probation (original charges: two counts of fleeing, resisting arrest, discharging a firearm in public and aggravated assault using a deadly weapon). Bond: none.
• William Scott Adams Jr., 24, 2800 block of Waterside Drive, Englewood. Charges: driving with a suspended license and resisting arrest. Bond: $2,000.
• Robert Charles Evans III, 22, 1600 block of New London St., North Port. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: armed robbery). Bond: none.
The Punta Gorda Police Department reported the following arrest:
• Matthew Wayne Morrison, 18, 4300 block of Homewood St., Punta Gorda. Charges: trespassing within a school safety zone and violation of probation. Bond: $500.
The North Port Police Department reported the following arrests:
• Wendy J. Martek-Werts, 42, 500 block of El Prado Drive, North Port. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: DUI). Bond: none.
• George Gerard Smith, 50, 4700 block of Antioch St., North Port. Charge: grand theft. Bond: $1,500.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Traci Ann Peck, 47, 5800 block of Buchanan Road, Venice. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: burglary and assault). Bond: none.
• Jackson Edwin Snow, 39, 300 block of Gulf Breeze Blvd., Venice. Charge: Pinellas County warrant (original charges: contempt and felony failure to appear). Bond: $5,000.
• Gregory Alan Turner, 48, 4200 block of Asteria Terrace, North Port. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: petty theft). Bond: none.
• Yaquelin Serano Martinez, 43, 1700 block of Gantry Road, North Port. Charge: contempt (original charge: failure to appear for production of marijuana, drug trafficking and possession of a place used to manufacture a controlled substance). Bond: none.
• Julie White, 35, 1200 block of Barbara Drive, Venice. Charges: robbery and giving false ID to law enforcement. Bond: none.
• Jessica Nicole Palmer, 31, 1200 block of Barbara Drive, Venice, Charge: robbery. Bond: $25,000.
• Frantz Jean Good, 22, 6300 block of Jordan St., North Port. Charge: leaving a vehicle or property unattended without leaving identification. Bond: $50.
• Mark Anthony Werman, 27, 7100 block of Teaberry St., Englewood. Charge: contempt (original charge: petty theft). Bond: none.
• Andrew Lemos, 19, 4300 block of McKibbon Drive, North Port. Charges: violation of probation (original charge: attempted robbery with a weapon), willfully defrauding or attempting to defraud a urine test. Bond: none.
• Richie Chatman, 38, 4500 block of Roslyn Road, Venice. Charge: contempt (original charge: failure to appear for battery touch or strike). Bond: none.
• Oliver Grasland, 39, 5800 block of Jamila River Road, Venice. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
— Compiled by Anne Klockenkemper and Drew Winchester