PORT CHARLOTTE — Authorities arrested an allegedly intoxicated man outside of Boomer’s Nightclub on Wednesday night after he was found with a knife in his possession and later threatened a deputy’s family, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Joseph Jean Baptiste, 37, of the 21400 block of Kenyon Ave., Port Charlotte, was charged with possession of a concealed weapon, disorderly intoxication, resisting arrest, breach of peace and threatening a public servant in connection with the incident.
According to a report, Baptiste was told to leave the club by a bouncer around 1:45 a.m. but refused to do so. He ran toward the bouncer with a clenched fist, the report states, but deputies were able to grab him. Deputies found a foldable knife protruding from his back pocket, according to the report.
Baptiste was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he was released Thursday morning on $7,000 bond. Baptiste also threatened the arresting deputy’s family while en route to the jail, the report states.
Report: Burglar spotted by alert neighbor
GROVE CITY — Authorities say an alert homeowner spotted a burglar inside a neighbor’s home on Wednesday, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Joshua Kane Merrill, 26, of the 10000 block of Tamiami Trail, North Port, was charged with burglary in connection with the incident.
According to a report, Merrill was spotted inside the garage of a home in the 2200 block of Oleada Court late Wednesday night but ran from the scene when deputies arrived. A foot chase ensued, and Merrill was eventually captured in a wooded area near the home. Merrill denied entering the garage and nothing has yet been reported stolen from the home, the report states.
Merrill was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he was released on $3,000 bond.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Sherisse DeSilva, 28,
address unknown. Charge: petty theft. Bond: $500.
• Neal Richard Kleuver, 41, St. Petersburg, Fla. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: driving with a suspended license). Bond: $550.
• Clarence Gregory Dudley, 43, 6800 block of Villa View Road, Punta Gorda. Charge: habitually driving with a suspended license. Bond: $2,500.
• Anthony Goodson, 28, 17200 block of Cape Horn Blvd., Punta Gorda. Charges: two counts of possession of a controlled substance, failure to appear and two counts of violation of probation (original charges: two counts of operating a motor vehicle without a valid license). Bond: $4,000.
• Brennan Karl Rueff, 22, 500 block of West Helen Ave., Punta Gorda. Charge: petty theft. Bond: released on own recognizance.
• Eric Vinson Seifferlein, 34, 19300 block of Abhenry Circle, Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: $10,000.
• Amanda Jai Aguas, 20, 3100 block of Broder Drive, Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Nicholas Michael Horton, 19, 2400 block of Starlite Lane, Port Charlotte. Charges: possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $4,500.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester