Report: Man runs over neighbor with golf cart
PORT CHARLOTTE — Authorities arrested a man Saturday evening after he allegedly ran over his neighbor with a golf cart following an argument, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Carl Travis Martin Jr., 53, of the 21000 block of Jerome Ave., Port Charlotte, was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, resisting arrest and driving with a suspended or revoked license in connection with the incident.
According to a report, Martin and the victim got into an argument over an unknown subject. The argument ended with Martin running over the victim in his golf cart, causing scrapes, scratches and bruising to the victim’s legs, the report states.
When confronted by authorities, Martin denied any wrongdoing, but later admitted the victim may have been struck when he turned his golf cart around to go home. Martin refused to put his hands behind his back when being arrested, the report states.
Martin was transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he was released on $6,000 bond on Sunday.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Allan Dale Lowe, 32, 3900 block of Woodholm Drive, Punta Gorda. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Bruce Wayne Carvalho, 56, homeless, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of a county ordinance. Bond: $500.
• Jason Curtis Kelly, 30, 100 block of Free Court, Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• John Paul Stelmaszewski,
37, 13400 block of Cain Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Arthur Junior Young, 55, Orlando, Fla. Charge: possession of a controlled substance and knowingly driving with a suspended license. Bond: $3,000.
• Infinite Seven, 36, 4800 block of Alibi Terrace, North Port. Charge: vehicular theft. Bond: $2,500.
• Paul David Foster, 45, 11000 block of 1st Ave., Punta Gorda. Charges: possession of a controlled substance and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $3,500.
• Joseph Nelson Saylor, 24, homeless, Englewood. Charge: trespassing. Bond: $1,000.
The Punta Gorda Police Department reported the following arrests:
• Michael Alan Garrod, 30, 3700 block of Woodholm Drive, Punta Gorda. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Corey Andrew La Barrie, 22, 1200 block of Slash Pine Circle, Punta Gorda. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Christopher Todd Martinez, 44, 1600 block of White Pine Court, Punta Gorda. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Antionette E. Marshall, 48, 2500 block of Idlewild St., Port Charlotte. Charge: knowingly driving with a suspended license. Bond: $500.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester