Report: Man charged with stealing metal items
PUNTA GORDA — Authorities arrested a local man Tuesday morning in connection with a June 16 burglary in rural Charlotte County, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Joshua Shane Crider, 31, of the 2700 block of Bailey Avenue, was charged with burglary and grand theft for his alleged role in the crime.
According to the report, Crider was confronted by the tenant of a property on the 5600 block of Bronco Road on June 16, when he was seen stealing 15 lead batteries, a welder and a heavy-duty battery charger. Crider told the tenant he had permission to take the items, the report states.
The property’s owner did not give Crider permission to take anything, and in fact didn’t know Crider at all, according to the report. The tenant eventually checked the CCSO website and read about Crider’s previous arrest for allegedly stealing items to sell for scrap from another property on Bronco Road on
Crider was located early Tuesday morning and arrested. He was transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he was released on $15,000 bond. Crider also was arrested June 7 for stealing large sheets of steel from a construction site on Jones Loop Road that he sold for scrap, the report states.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• William Anthony Layton, 19, 1200 block of Slash Pine Circle, Punta Gorda. Charges: unarmed burglary of a conveyance and petty theft. Bond: $5,500.
• Bridget Carol Guerra, 23, 1600 block of Spruce Pine Court, Punta Gorda. Charge: petty theft. Bond: $1,000.
• Brett Anthony Langley, 20, 100 block of Strasburg Drive, Port Charlotte. Charges: possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute, possession of more than 20 grams of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $9,500.
• Richard Dominic Hopper, 47, 13500 block of Martha Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: trafficking in opium or its derivative, possession of a controlled substance and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $28,500.
• Glendelle Edwards, 50, 12000 block of S. Tamiami Trail, North Port. Charges: two counts of violation of probation (original charges: obtaining property by fraud, grand theft, possession of drug paraphernalia and two counts of possession of a controlled substance). Bond: none.
• Fredi Moralez, 23, of Immokalee, Fla. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: operating a motor vehicle without a valid license and failure to appear). Bond: none.
• Mark Christopher Flickinger, 28, 7000 block of Sunnybrook Blvd., Englewood. Charges: four Sarasota County warrants. Bond: $6,000.
• Kevin Patrick Doran, 19, 300 block of Boundary Blvd., Englewood. Charges: failure to appear and operating a motor vehicle without a valid license. Bond: $10,000.
• Rockford Lewis Upton, 44, of Bradenton, Fla. Charges: failure to appear and violation of restrictions placed on a driver’s license. Bond: $4,000.
• Joseph Raymond Lemieux, 46, of Bradenton, Fla. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: habitually driving with a suspended license, giving a false name to an arresting officer and driving without motor vehicle registration). Bond: none.
• James Anthony Cox, 43, 300 block of Millport St. N.W., Port Charlotte. Charges: DUI and DUI with property damage. Bond: $1,750.
• Gary Michael Audette, 25, 500 block of Skylark Lane, Port Charlotte. Charge: petty theft. Bond: $500.
The Punta Gorda Police Department reported the following arrest:
• James Matthew Chamberlain, 39, 100 block of Tropicana Drive, Punta Gorda. Charges: DUI with property damage, DUI, refusal to submit to DUI testing and knowingly driving with a suspended license. Bond: $2,500.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester