Facebook photo leads to grand theft charge
PUNTA GORDA — A Facebook photo landed a Punta Gorda woman in jail Wednesday after authorities claim she stole a handgun from an acquaintance over the summer, according to the Punta Gorda Police Department.
Jamie Lynn Edwards, 35, of the 27000 block of Hilshire Lane, was charged with grand theft of a firearm in connection with the incident.
According to a PGPD report, the .45-caliber Taurus semiautomatic pistol went missing from an apartment on the 1200 block of Slash Pine Circle on July 13, after Edwards and her boyfriend had been visiting the victim that day.
After the victim reported the weapon missing, Edwards traveled to Tampa and Virginia, but upon her return to Charlotte County, she was questioned by detectives and presented with a Facebook photo of her pointing a look-alike weapon at her father, the report states. Edwards reportedly would tell detectives she hadn’t held a gun in years and had no idea what she actually was holding in the photo. She also told detectives it looked like a toy gun, the report states.
Edwards was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where she released on $2,500 bond.
nets drug arrest
PORT CHARLOTTE — Authorities arrested a man on Wednesday night for trying to buy oxycodone from undercover narcotics detectives, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Daniel Alan Jones, 59, of the 29400 block of Bermont Road, Punta Gorda, was charged with the attempted purchase of a controlled substance.
According to the report, Jones purchased pills during a reverse narcotics sting, after he made contact with an undercover detective. They met in a parking lot on Kings Highway near U.S. 41, and the detective exchanged fake oxycodone pills for money, the report states.
Jones was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he remains on $5,000 bond.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• James Rodale Cook, 27, of Wauchula, Fla. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia). Bond: none.
• Kevin Patrick Reagan, 42, of Stockton, Calif. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Sandra Joyce Linder, 54, 5400 block of Wilson Drive, Punta Gorda. Charges: off-bond recommit on three separate charges. Bond: $1,750.
• Michael Nelson Lacroix, 37, 15400 block of Orchid Ave., Punta Gorda. Charge: habitually driving with a suspended license. Bond: $2,500.
• William Ronald Wright, 21, 4700 block of Knollwood Drive, Punta Gorda. Charge: aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without the intent to kill. Bond: none.
• Margaret Mary Devlin, 51, 1800 block of Sand Pine Court, Punta Gorda. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: reckless driving). Bond: none.
• Caleb Andrew Coldiron, 19, 100 block of Santarem Circle, Punta Gorda. Charges: failure to appear and driving with a suspended or revoked license — third offense. Bond: $7,000.
• Megan Nicole Perkins, 27, 4300 block of Eaglet Road, Port Charlotte. Charge: possession of a controlled substance without a prescription. Bond: $2,500.
• Heather June Tyler, 24, 3500 block of Beacon Drive, Port Charlotte. Charges: two counts of failure to appear (original charges: fraud and passing a forged bank note or check). Bond: none.
• Kennetha Ann Burdette, 38, of Orlando, Fla. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: reckless driving). Bond: none.
• Deandre Delreese Williams, 17, 7600 block of W. Price Blvd., North Port. Charges: battery on firefighter, EMT or police officer, and resisting arrest. He was transferred to a Department of Juvenile Justice facility.
• Adam Tyler Smith, 26, of Nokomis, Fla. Charges: possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $2,000.
• Amber Nicole Herrmann, 23, of Land O’ Lakes, Fla. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: robbery and burglary). Bond: none.
• Barbara Ann Allen, 62, of Fort Myers. Charges: failure to appear and petty theft. Bond: $7,000.
• Brittany Ann Strickland, 26, 1500 block of David Place, Englewood. Charges: failure to appear and petty theft. Bond: $5,000.
• Mary Katherine Doelling, 50, 6900 block of Strawberry St., Englewood. Charge: failure to appear (original charge: driving with a suspended license). Bond: $6,000.
• Brenden M. Stansel, 26, 5000 block of N. Beach Road, Englewood. Charges: possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $2,000.
• Homar Gerardo Gutierrez-Cisneros, 36, 1100 block of N.E. Canal Ave., Arcadia. Charge: driving with an expired license for more than six months. Bond: $500.
• Maclain Ray Brement, 26, 27300 block of Aloha Drive, Punta Gorda. Charges: possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $3,500.
• Charles Wyatt Evans, 27, 4500 block of Shady Lane, Port Charlotte. Charges: robbery without a weapon, battery and criminal mischief. Bond: none.
• Courteney Nicole Swatzell, 20, 21500 block of Holdern Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: operating a motor vehicle without a valid license. Bond: $500.
• Freddie Earl Campbell, 25, 3100 block of Irma St., North Port. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: robbery and grand theft). Bond: none.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester