North Port man charged with selling pot
PORT CHARLOTTE — Authorities arrested an alleged North Port marijuana dealer Thursday following two undercover drug buys, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Jonathan Nathaniel Bacchus, 22, of the 3800 block of January Avenue, was charged with two counts each of sale and delivery of marijuana, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, in connection with the incident.
According to the report, Bacchus sold an ounce of hydroponic-grown marijuana to undercover detectives on July 11, and another ounce on July 31. Detectives finally located and apprehended Bacchus at Veterans Boulevard and Atwater Drive in Port Charlotte on Thursday, the report states.
Bacchus was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he was released Friday on $17,000 bond.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• William Clayton Denny, 50, 1000 block of Slash Pine Circle, Punta Gorda. Charge: driving with a suspended license. Bond: $500.
• Christopher Lee Rosario Jr., 18, 6100 block of Elliot St., Punta Gorda. Charges: battery, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: none.
• Nickoles Daniel Tyler Chanza, 21, 3300 block of Croton Terrace, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: burglary, petty theft and criminal mischief). Bond: none.
• Howard Joseph Meyers, 46, 18100 block of Griffin Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: out-of-county warrant. Bond: $1,000.
• Ramona Lynn Bennett, 46, 15400 block of Maple Tree Drive, Punta Gorda. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: $950.
The Punta Gorda Police Department reported the following arrests:
• Victoria Ann Bronsfield, 42, 100 block of Glenridge Ave., Punta Gorda. Charge: trespassing. Bond: $500.
• James Lee Dabney, 34, 500 block of Burland St., Punta Gorda. Charge: aggravated battery on a pregnant victim. Bond: none.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester