Report: Stolen gold ring leads to arrest
SOUTH GULF COVE — A stolen diamond ring pawned at a local jewelry store landed an Englewood man in jail for his alleged role in the crime, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Joshua Mark Frink, 23, of the 20 block of Perry Street, was charged with dealing in stolen property and false verification of ownership in connection with the incident.
According to a report, the CCSO received a call of a home in the 8800 block of Claumet Blvd., concerning a stolen diamond ring valued at $7,700, a Florida Gulf Coast University Class ring, and two pendants. Frink allegedly sold the items the same day to a gold buyer in the Port Charlotte Town Center mall, using his thumb print and photo identification to complete the transaction.
He was located on Monday and taken into custody. He remains in the Charlotte County Jail on $65,000 bond. Frink has not been charged with burglary to the home, the report states, although the investigation is ongoing.
Lifesaver bracelet helps CCSO find missing man
PORT CHARLOTTE — A Project Lifesaver tracking bracelet helped lead to the recovery of a man who had wandered away from his home Monday afternoon, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities received a call about the missing 60-year-old man around 4:30 p.m., the report states. The man was tracked to the Books-A-Million parking lot and picked up around 5:30 p.m., after having been missing for about three hours.
The man was not injured and returned home safely, the report states.
Punta Gorda woman injured in single-car crash
PUNTA GORDA — A Punta Gorda woman is in serious condition following a single-car accident Monday on Woodholm Drive, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Margaret B. Riggs, 85, was approaching the intersection of Fairway Drive North when her 1997 Buick LeSabre veered into a ditch and struck a tree, a report states. Riggs was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital, where she is still being treated for her injuries.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Calee Ann Mallary, 23, 500 block of O Bar Road, Sarasota. Charge: grand theft. Bond: $1,500.
• Kevin Daniel Lukaschewski, 38, 200 block of W. Pine Valley Lane, Rotonda West. Charge: carrying a concealed firearm. Bond: $2,500.
• Michael Lavell Jones, 40, 25900 block of Aysen Drive, Punta Gorda. Charges: aggravated battery on a pregnant victim. Bond: none.
• Robert Andrew Nicholas IV, 32, 3000 block of Roma Court, Punta Gorda. Charge: withholding child support. Purge: $570.
• Lori Jean Kistenmacher, 44, 4000 block of Dotham St., Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Sharika Shanika Smith, 29, 21500 block of Edgewater Drive, Port Charlotte. Charges: fraud and grand theft. $5,000.
• Steven Earl Trouten, 18, 1400 block of Billingham Lane, North Port. Charge: knowingly driving with a suspended or revoked license. Bond: $500.
• Cody Elwin Mast, 27, Lake Placid, Fla. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: failure to appear and petty theft). Bond: $700.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester