Report: Drunken woman charged with burglary
ENGLEWOOD — Authorities say a highly intoxicated local woman entered her neighbor’s home on Tuesday and stole more than $4,000 worth of items, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Anita Louise McGillicuddy, 56, of the 1400 block of Janet Place, was charged with burglary and grand theft in connection with the incident.
According to the report, McGillicuddy’s neighbor suspected she was involved, and when confronted by authorities, McGillicuddy admitted to entering the home without permission on Tuesday, stealing jewelry, clothes, shoes, a vibrator, a chain saw and other items.
McGillicuddy told authorities she had been drinking heavily and might have blacked out, the report states. She remembered entering the home, although she couldn’t recall the method, the report states. McGillicuddy returned some of the items but couldn’t remember where she placed some of the others. She was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where she remains on $13,000 bond.
North Port man faces child abuse charge
NORTH PORT — North Port police officers arrested a 34-year-old local man Tuesday night on charges of child abuse without great harm and battery.
According to an NPPD report, Matthew Aaron Darrah, of the 1600 block of Wendover Street, was upset the dog was in his bed.
Darrah “shook the bed,” which caused a woman and a 1-year-old girl lying in it to fall to the floor, the report shows. No one appeared to be injured.
Darrah was taken to the Sarasota County Jail, where he remained Wednesday on $10,000 bond.
Two men charged with 4 home burglaries
PORT CHARLOTTE — Four home burglaries that took place in October and November were the work of two local men, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, which charged them with the crimes on Tuesday.
Jason Arthur Chachere, 31, of the 21100 block of Meehan Avenue, was charged with four counts of burglary and two counts of grand theft in connection with the incidents, as well as violation of probation on an unrelated charge. And Andrew J. Schramm, 22, of the 4400 block of Conway Boulevard, was charged with one count each of burglary and grand theft.
According to the report, Schramm and Chachere burglarized homes on Guild Street, Doria Street, Albury Drive and Great Falls Terrace, all in Port Charlotte, on Oct. 5, and Nov. 2 and 4. The report states they stole multiple items, including computer equipment, jewelry, cash, a bicycle and a 12-pack of beer.
Both men were arrested Tuesday and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, were they were held without bond.
Report: Man bitten by CCSO K-9 while fleeing
PORT CHARLOTTE — Authorities arrested a Fort Myers man early Tuesday morning after he allegedly was prowling around a Clifford Street home and fled the scene, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Antwond Jamal Roberts, 22, was charged with prowling and resisting arrest.
According to the report, a homeowner called the CCSO early Tuesday morning saying that a man was outside of his home but he didn’t know who he was. When authorities arrived, Roberts fled the scene and was chased by CCSO K-9s into the nearby woods. Roberts suffered dog bites and other injuries, and was transported to Peace River Regional Medical Center for treatment.
Upon his release, he was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he remains on $1,500 bond and a hold for Lee County.
Joint task force targets partygoers
NORTH PORT — On Saturday, members of the North Port Police Department, the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and the North Port Fire Department conducted a detail referred to as “Operation Civic Hole.”
According to a release from NPPD Capt. Tony Siriani, in the past few months, there have been instances where people have been injured on ATVs and at illegal gatherings where bonfires and underage drinking has been occurring, so the objective was to take proactive enforcement measures against an identified “hot spot” for these gatherings off Yorkshire Drive and other targeted locations in the eastern portion of North Port.
During the detail, officers provided extra traffic enforcement focused on underage drinking, narcotics violations and other commonly violated laws.
Officers broke up two medium-sized parties during the night, one of which was in the center of the identified focal location. Contact was made with nearly 100 people through vehicle and ATV stops. Officers issued warnings, citations, criminal citations and city summonses, including:
• Three criminal notices to appear for possession of alcohol by a person younger than 21 and suspended driver’s licenses.
• Fifteen traffic stops with various outcomes, including warnings, citations and sobriety checks.
• Twenty-five-plus vehicle searches, where drug paraphernalia was seized and alcohol was discovered in the possession of minors.
• Seventy-five-plus contacts at parties, including searches of people for contraband and educating partygoers on laws and ordinances and the reason behind the enforcement.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Alberto Soler, 51, 300 block of Hiram St., Punta Gorda. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Roger Lee Wood, 49, 200 block of W. Ann St., Punta Gorda. Charge: possession of a controlled substance without a prescription. Bond: $2,500.
• Kyle Lee Bostick, 22, 23000 block of Nugent Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: Sarasota County warrant. Bond: none.
• Timothy Rocko Blinebury, 53, homeless in Port Charlotte. Charge: contempt of court. Bond: $2,500.
• James Wallace Hess, 47, of Loxahatchee, Fla. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: fraud, contracting without a license, grand theft and exploitation of the elderly). Bond: none.
• Linda Lou Mantle, 63, 10400 block of Greenway Ave., Englewood. Charge: DUI. Bond: $2,500.
• Carl Herman Weiner, 25, homeless in Englewood. Charge: trespassing. Bond: $500.
• Cashinia Nicole Cook, 29, 400 block of Harris Road, Arcadia. Charges: possession of a canceled or revoked driver’s license and driving with a suspended license — third or subsequent offense. Bond: $3,000.
• Jeremy Adam Denny, 37, 4700 block of N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: none.
• Juanita Anne Tuck, 47, 3700 block of Hidden Valley Circle, Punta Gorda. Charge: battery. Bond: $1,000.
— Compiled by
Christy Feinberg and