Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office sets traffic enforcement locations
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office will be actively enforcing traffic violations at several locations from Nov. 26 through Dec. 2.
Speed limits will be enforced on the entire length of Murdock Circle in Port Charlotte as well as the entire length of Taylor Road in Punta Gorda.
Officers will be monitoring the traffic light at the intersection of U.S. 41 and Midway Boulevard in Port Charlotte and the light at the intersection of Jones Loop Road and the I-75 ramp at Exit 161 in Punta Gorda.
According to the Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles, Charlotte County has had 15 vehicle deaths so far this year; there were 19 this same time last year .
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Nicholas Scott Onken, 32, 300 block of Penrose Circle, Englewood. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Raymond Lambert Garland, 65, 3100 block of Jessica Terrace, Port Charlotte. Charges: two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill. Bond: none.
• Aldolphus Leon Martin, 48, 400 block of Milus St., Punta Gorda. Charge: felony or domestic battery by strangulation. Bond: none.
• William David Jones, 52, of Gratsib, Ky. Charges: possession of cocaine, smuggling contraband into detention facility, possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $7,000.
• Paul St. Pierre, 26, of Lake Suzy, Fla. Charges: possession of a controlled substance without prescription and possession of less than 4 grams of other controlled substance. Bond: $27,500.
• Brian Michael Korponay, 28, 5300 block of Densaw Road, North Port. Charges: knowingly driving with suspended license, failure to register motor vehicle and failure to have liability insurance. Bond: $1,500.
• Alberto Andres Nazario, 27, 22400 block of Lewiston Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: three counts of violation of probation (original charges: operating motor vehicle without valid license, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia). Bond: $4,550.
• Blake James Elford, 28, 22400 block of Dranson Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: trespassing. Bond: $1,000.
• Rodney Lane Mcgee, 42, 1200 block of Oxsalida Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: burglary with assault or battery. Bond: none.
— Compiled by Merab-Michal Favorite