Report: Son stabs father in self-defense
PORT CHARLOTTE — A father and son landed in jail Saturday after an argument turned violent and ended with the father being stabbed multiple times, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Rodney Lane McGee, 42, of the 1200 block of Oxsalida Ave, Port Charlotte, was charged with burglary with a battery in connection with the incident. His son, Troy Shane McGee, 22, of the 20500 block of Augusta Ave., Port Charlotte, was charged with resisting arrest in connection with the same incident.
According to a report, Rodney showed up at Troy’s home early Saturday morning, forced his way inside, and hit Troy in the head with a metal towel holder. Troy then grabbed a 12-inch knife and was able to force his father outside of the home, but then Rodney kicked in a door and went back inside. The report states that Troy then stabbed him twice in the leg and once in the arm.
When authorities arrived they had trouble calming Troy down, according to the report, which states that Troy then kicked at the officers.
Troy was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he was released Saturday on $1,000 bond. After Rodney was treated for his injuries, he was transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he remains on $25,000 bond.
Teens charged in car burglaries
DEEP CREEK — Two teens were arrested last Friday for their alleged involvement in a string of car burglaries, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Kameron Cody Long, 17, of the 200 block of Surinam St., and Alyssa Nicole Coulthard, 17, of the 7400 block of Seagrape Road, both of Deep Creek, were charged with four counts of felony burglary to a conveyance. Coulthard was also charged with three counts of grand theft and one count of petty theft. Long was additionally charged with one count of grand theft and three counts of petty theft in connection with the incident.
According to a report, the two teens were tied to the string of eight vehicle burglaries, starting their spree around 2:30 a.m. on Friday. Among the items they were charged with stealing were purses, wallets, credit cards, and an iPad.
A school resource officer recognized the two teens based on surveillance video taken at a store where the teens dumped contents of the purses they had allegedly stolen.
Both teens were arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where they were released into the custody of their parents for home detention.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Michael Lee Miller, 32, Travelers Rest, S.C. Charge: knowingly driving with a suspended license. Bond: $500.
• Claude Bernard Tilly, 63, Rice, Va. Charges: driving with a suspended license, failure to register a motor vehicle and failure to maintain vehicle insurance. Bond: $1,500.
• William Paul Foley, 49, 26000 block of Sandhill Blvd., Punta Gorda. Charges: driving with a suspended or revoked license and habitually driving with a suspended license. Bond: $3,000.
• Michael Victor Kroll Jr., 25, 22400 block of New York Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: four counts of possession of marijuana with intent to sell, three counts each of possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $39,000.
• Chesarae Marquise Graham, 30, 21500 block of Kenyon Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: violate restrictions placed on driver’s license. Bond: $500.
• Brian Ross Ricker, 31, 2400 block of Caring Way, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of nonresident driver’s license restrictions. Bond: $500.
• Alysia Leigh Baker, 25, 17800 block of Murdock Circle, Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: $500.
• Daniele Simone Telfer, 24, homeless, North Port. Charge: presenting a nonvalid driver’s license. Bond: $1,000.
• Jean Panel Cantave, 53, 500 block of Alsir Road, North Port. Charge: knowingly driving with a suspended license. Bond: $500.
• Angela Monique Smith, 38, 7300 block of Brookhaven Terrace, Englewood. Charge: violation of a county ordinance. Bond: $250.
• Anthony Lee Carroll II, 26, 1300 block of Isabell Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: hit and run). Bond: none.
• Daniel Wayne Woodard, 58, 4800 block of Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte. Charges: DUI fourth or subsequent offense, refusal to submit to DUI testing and driving with a suspended license. Bond: $4,000.
• Bradley Martin Rudicil, 20. 5400 block of Gillot Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charges: two counts of battery. Bond: $4,000.
The Punta Gorda Police Department reported the following arrest:
• Kerri Lynn Landrum, 33, North Fort Myers. Charges: possession of narcotic equipment and possession of marijuana. Bond: $2,000.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester