couple lands in jail
SOUTH PUNTA GORDA HEIGHTS — A late-night argument between a couple resulted in both people being arrested, after authorities responded to the scene three separate times, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Kathryn Nicole Brickley, 25, and Kevin Gerald Brennan, 33, both of the 11000 block of Tamiami Trial, Punta Gorda, were arrested in connection with the incident. Brickley was charged with three counts of aggravated assault on a law-enforcement officer, while Brennan was charged with resisting arrest.
According to the report, authorities first responded to the Trail Apartments around 11:44 p.m. Wednesday night after neighbors reported a disturbance at the apartment where Brickley and Brennan were staying. Authorities calmed the situation, but then returned 45 minutes later to find the couple arguing yet again. Deputies left after calming the situation for the second time, but returned 15 minutes later to find Brennan running out of the apartment, the report states.
As Brennan stood with deputies, Brickley started throwing his belongings out of the apartment, but Brennan got upset with deputies after they attempted to move Brickley away from the scene, the report states. Brennan was arrested after he attempted to push through deputies and return to the apartment.
Meanwhile, Brickley started trashing the apartment, using a 12-inch knife to break a window and then approach deputies in a threatening manner while still holding the knife. She eventually put the knife down and was arrested, the report states.
Both were transported to the Charlotte County Jail following their arrests. Both remain in custody, Brennan on $3,000 bond, and Brickley on $7,500 bond.
Report: Man leaves drunken woman lying in road
PORT CHARLOTTE — A motorcyclist was arrested Wednesday for his connection to an early November incident that sent one woman to the hospital with severe injuries, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report.
Albert Bartley King III, 52, of the 400 block of Hallcrest Terrace, Port Charlotte, was charged with hit and run in connection with the incident.
According to the report, King met the victim at a bar Nov. 8, spending the evening drinking heavily together. Despite the protests of her friends, King took the victim home from the bar later that evening, but while en route to his residence she fell off the back of his motorcycle, and King left her lying in the middle of the road, the report states. The incident happened on Veterans Boulevard, the report states.
The victim suffered severe head injuries, according to the report, and was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital in Fort Myers for treatment. FHP investigators were able to connect King to the incident through several eyewitnesses who were at the bar that night, the report states, eventually arresting him Wednesday.
King was transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he was released Thursday on $50,000 bond. The victim was released from the hospital Nov. 11, the report states. No further information about her condition was available.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Albert Christopher Chavez, 39, of Tampa. Charges: possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $3,500.
• Wayne Eugene Riggs, 52, 300 block of Burland St., Punta Gorda. Charges: possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $2,000.
• Brandy Lynn Magill, 29, 2000 block of Acline Road, Punta Gorda. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Susan Rae Wutke, 24, 20300 block of Midway Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charges: petty theft and violation of probation (original charges: fraud and grand theft). Bond: none.
• Alberto Mario Colaluca, 58, 3300 block of Elkcam Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: $950.
• Kendall C. Ellis, 34, 24000 block of Madaca Lane, Port Charlotte. Charges: driving with a suspended license — second offense and possession of a canceled or revoked driver’s license. Bond: $1,500.
• Brittany Michelle Himes, 24, 5000 block of Chaves Circle, Port Charlotte. Charges: possession of cocaine and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $3,500.
• Tiffany Ann Cramer, 33, 2600 block of Atwater Drive, North Port. Charge: Sarasota County warrant. Bond: none.
• Nichole Victoria Zielinski, 33, 600 block of Harvey St., Englewood. Charge: Escambia County, Fla., warrant. Bond: $1,000.
• Tommy Jolbere Cook, 29, of Clearwater, Fla. Charge: driving with a suspended license — third or subsequent offense. Bond: $2,500.
• Jenna Richa Holland, 28, 23400 block of Charleston Circle, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: none.
• Mary Ellen Lewis, 26, 8600 block of Agress Ave., North Port. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Jason Blayne Smith, 35, 6200 block of Richledge St., Englewood. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Chandler Scott Smith, 45, 6200 block of Richledge St., Englewood. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester