Report: Man pulls gun on delivery man
NORTH PORT — A 60-year-old man was arrested Tuesday evening after he allegedly threatened a furniture delivery man with a gun.
According to a North Port Police report, officers responded to the 19300 block of Rizzuto St. just before 5:30 p.m. The 55-year-old delivery man told them he was in the process of delivering two pallets of furniture to Harris Ralph London, which required payment of a shipping fee. However, London’s wife noticed that one of the mirrors included in the delivery was cracked, and they refused to pay the fee, the report states.
The victim called his office to seek advice for the situation and was told the cracked mirror had been noted and he needed to collect the money. London’s wife also called the shipping office to discuss the problem and said she would not pay, according to the report.
When the victim then told them he would have to take the furniture back, the report states London went back into the home and came out with a firearm in his left hand, saying to his wife he’s “not going to take the freight is he?” The victim, afraid for his life, took cover behind his truck and called his dispatch, who called police.
When officers arrived, they found London with a box knife stuck in the waist band of his pants and the gun — with a round in the chamber — nearby.
London was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. He remains in the Sarasota County Jail without bond.
Report: Man slams girlfriend’s face into concrete
PORT CHARLOTTE — A disagreement at a local restaurant ended with a Hialeah man in handcuffs after he slammed his girlfriend’s face into the concrete and caused severe injuries, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Jorge Miguel Morales, 23, was charged with domestic battery and resisting arrest.
According to a report, Morales got into an argument with someone at Alli-Gator’s Bar at the Port Charlotte Town Center mall on Tuesday night and was asked to leave by the bar staff.
His girlfriend, the victim, paid the tab and caught up with him in the parking lot, the report states, but then they got into an argument. Morales then grabbed the victim by the hair and “power slammed” her face into the concrete, the report states, causing her legs to fly over her head. The victim also lost consciousness and suffered other injuries to her collarbone and shoulder, the report states.
When emergency personnel and authorities arrived, the victim was too injured to make a statement. She was transported to Fawcett Memorial Hospital for treatment, but was uncooperative and walked out of the emergency room in severe pain, the report states.
Morales was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he remains without bond.
Report: Man faces additional theft charges
NORTH PORT — A man charged with breaking into a storage shed at North Port High School and stealing equipment from the baseball team with another man in November is facing additional charges stemming from a separate theft in August.
According to a North Port Police report, officers responded Aug. 25 to a home in the 6400 block of Lapidus Road, where the 36-year-old victim reported that during a two-week absence, his bicycle — an expensive road racing model valued at $2,000 — and his son’s skateboard went missing. The last time he had seen the items was on Aug. 13.
On Dec. 5, while investigating the theft at NPHS, police conducted a pawn records check on Joshua D. Luff, 19, the son of the victim’s fiance, the report states. It revealed that Luff had sold a bike with a matching serial number to a pawn shop in Venice on Aug. 15.
Luff was arrested Monday and charged with theft, giving false ownership information for pawned items and dealing in stolen property. He posted $3,500 bond and was later released.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Val John Cesino, 67, 26500 block of Nordic Way, Punta Gorda. Charges: burglary and battery. Bond: none.
• Nusair Amenn Zaben, 22, 400 block of Northview St., Port Charlotte. Charge: out-of-county warrant. Bond: $700.
• Jack John Damico, 55, 6200 block of Ponce De Leon Blvd., North Port. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: reckless driving). Bond: none.
• Mario Ivan Lopez, 34, 10300 block of Kidron Ave., Englewood. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Derek Jonathan Sears, 28, 1600 block of Cardinal Lane, Englewood. Charge: withholding child support. Purge: $290.
• Carolina Cardona Garcia, 25, 10300 block of Kidron Ave., Englewood. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Renedra Janet Sanders, 21, 1700 block of 22nd St., Sarasota. Charge: grand theft. Bond: $2,500.
• Easter Dean Goodman, 23, 1500 block of 31st St., Sarasota. Charges: petty theft and possession of marijuana. Bond: $2,000.
• Deborah Ann Scott, 46, 5900 block of Nyberg Road, North Port. Charges: two counts of violation of probation (original charges: selling a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and two counts of possession of a controlled substance). Bond: none.
• Jerall Marlan Spencer, 27, Fort Myers. Charge: DUI with property damage. Bond: $1,000.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Nicholas Hinds, 49, 8200 block of Alam Ave., North Port. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: sale of cocaine). Bond: none.
• Jacob Allen Ellis, 24, 3000 block of Virgil St., North Port. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: possession of marijuana and driving while license suspended or revoked). Bond: $5,000.
• Jeremy Lorin Johnson, 30, 700 block of Fringed Orchid Trail, Venice. Charge: Seminole County warrant (original charges: violation of probation for felony battery, resisting and officer with violence, resisting an officer without violence, possession of drug paraphernalia). Bond: none.
• Sara Marie Haskin, 19, 1200 block of Olympia Road, Venice. Charges: two counts of violation of probation (original charges: possession of marijuana, two counts of possession and/or use of narcotic equipment). Bond: none.
• Steven Francis Carey, 51, 2100 block of Mincey Terrace, North Port. Charges: two Charlotte County warrants (original charges: DUI, failure to appear for DUI). Bond: none.
• Henry Victor Sutchekzdenek, 24, 600 block of Old Englewood Road, Englewood. Charge: contempt (original charge: violation of a protection injunction). Bond: none.
• Charlie R. Montanez, 36, 21600 block of Snook Circle, Punta Gorda. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: violation of probation for unlawful sexual activity with a minor). Bond: none.
• Rebecca Watkins Russell, 19, 23300 block of Peachland Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia). Bond: none.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester and Anne Klockenkemper