Report: Man had sex twice with preteen girl
PORT CHARLOTTE — Authorities arrested a 37-year-old man Tuesday after they say he had sex twice with an 11-year-old runaway girl in September, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Christopher Maurice Roberts, 37, of Fleming Island, Fla., was charged with two counts of capital sexual battery in connection with the incident.
According to the report, the girl ran away from a Fort Myers youth shelter on Sept. 4 and was picked up by a man driving a custom-painted purple Dodge Charger. The man, who turned out to be Roberts, took her back to his home, where he and another man had sex with her, the report states.
The girl reported the incident when she returned to the shelter on Sept. 5, and authorities began searching the area for the purple car. Detectives spotted the car Tuesday crossing the Barron Collier Bridge (northbound U.S. 41, over the Peace River) from Punta Gorda, and a traffic stop was made in Port Charlotte.
Roberts was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he remains without bond. An investigation into the identity of the second man is ongoing, the report states.
Report: Officers stun fleeing suspect, find drugs
NORTH PORT — A traffic stop led to a foot chase and a drug arrest shortly after midnight Tuesday.
According to a North Port police report, officers stopped a speeding motorcyclist near Glenallen Boulevard and Biscayne Drive. After providing a false name, the motorcyclist asked, “Officer, can you just let me go?” The motorcyclist confirmed he did not have the motorcycle endorsement on his license, the report shows.
The officer requested the motorcyclist to get off the bike and walk toward the patrol car.
“As we were walking back to the patrol car, the subject then fled on foot, running south on Biscayne Drive,” the report states. The officer
then used his Taser,
striking the suspect in
Officers were able to handcuff the suspect, who was identified as Kenneth Wallace James, 22, of the 22500 block of Sacramento Avenue, Port Charlotte.
Officers searched James and found bags of marijuana totaling 18.5 grams, seven white pills that tested positive for ecstasy, and $154.50 in cash, the report shows.
He was arrested on charges of giving a false ID to law enforcement, possession of marijuana with the intent to sell, possession of a controlled substance, resisting arrest without violence, driving while license is suspended or revoked, possession of a canceled or revoked license, and driving without a driver’s license.
He was taken to the Sarasota County Jail, where he was held on $5,110 bond.
Venice man accused of beating older relatives
VENICE — Sarasota County Sheriff’s detectives arrested Aaron Michael Bidlack, 29, of the 100 block of Airport Road, for allegedly severely beating two older relatives.
Bidlack planned to move into the relatives’ home on Dec. 1. During a discussion about expectations of Bidlack, he “became angry and attacked (a 65-year-old woman), pushing her into the bedroom and into a dresser,” a sheriff’s report states. Bidlack then reportedly began punching the woman “on her body and head, causing her to have visible blood and bruising along the entire left side of her face.”
A 63-year-old male relative tried to intervene, but Bidlack punched him before leaving the house, the report shows.
The couple went to an emergency room in Venice, as the woman became incoherent and had trouble breathing.
Officials arrested Bidlack on Monday on a felony charge of aggravated battery on a person 65 years old or older, and a misdemeanor charge of battery. He was taken to the Sarasota County Jail, where he was held without bond.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Deborah Barbara Shea, 40, 2500 block of Luther Road, Deep Creek. Charges: violation of pretrial-release conditions, DUI and DUI with property damage. Bond: none.
• Nicholas Bradley Bowers, 19, 5200 block of Kimpson Lane, Port Charlotte. Charge: driving with a suspended license — second offense. Bond: $1,000.
• Thomas Raymond Majesky, 44, homeless in Port Charlotte. Charge: trespassing. Bond: $1,000.
• Jessica Lynne Henderson, 27, 6000 block of Deming Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: two counts of failure to appear, fraud and possession of a controlled substance. Bond: none.
• George Edward Bailey Jr., 32, 2400 block of Aquilos Court, Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Craig Randall Budro, 41, 6100 block of Thorman Road, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: battery and failure to appear). Bond: none.
• Constance Marie Patterson, 31, 4400 block of Ganyard St., Port Charlotte. Charge: petty theft. Bond: $500.
• James Edward Morrison, 32, of New Port Richey, Fla. Charge: withholding child support. Purge: $355.
• Emily Elizabeth Wagner, 30, of Naples. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia). Bond: none.
• Demarcus Rayfield Weeks, 33, of Jacksonville, Fla. Charge: Duval County, Fla., warrant. Bond: none.
• Kanadyra Tayvent Campbell, 22, 100 block of S. Alabama Ave., Arcadia. Charges: burglary, grand theft and out-of-county warrant. Bond: none.
• Jose Juan Carranza-Cocino, 42, 3300 block of S.W. Fruitville Estates Ave., Arcadia. Charge: operating a motor vehicle without a valid license. Bond: $500.
• Priscilla Darlene Corbett, 41, 12400 block of Espanol Drive, Punta Gorda. Charge: battery on a person 65 years old or older. Bond: none.
• Daniel Scott Wright Jr., 23, 2200 block of Ednor St., Port Charlotte. Charge: disorderly intoxication. Bond: $500.
The Punta Gorda Police Department reported the following arrest:
• Ricardo Cortes-Pagan, 21, 1200 block of Slash Pine Circle, Punta Gorda. Charge: aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without the intent to kill. Bond: none.
The North Port Police Department reported the following arrests:
• Joe Lazaro Niz, 22, 1000 block of Ohano Way, North Port. Charge: two counts of DUI, and violation of driver’s license restrictions. Bond: $2,120.
• Randal John Nolan, 22, 500 block of Corrientes Circle, Punta Gorda. Charges: possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, carrying a concealed weapon (knife) and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $2,120.
The Sarasota County
Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Stephen Hutton, 22, 200 block of S. Ravenna St., Nokomis. Charges: two counts of violation of probation (original charge: dealing in stolen property). Bond: none.
• Ian Beaujangles Byland, 41, 200 block of S. Havana Barn Road, Venice. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: false ownership of pawned items and three counts of theft). Bond: none.
• Derrick Andrew Crosby, 30,
1100 block of Sorrento Woods
Blvd., Nokomis. Charges: dealing
in stolen property, fraud and possession of a weapon or ammunition
by a convicted felon. Bond:
— Compiled by Drew Winchester and Christy Feinberg