Pedestrian seriously injured in crash
VENICE — A 21-year-old was hospitalized Saturday afternoon after reportedly running into the path of a car near the Venice McDonald’s.
According to a Florida Highway Patrol report, around 2:10 p.m., a 2013 Nissan Altima driven by Debbie Austin, 57, of Indianapolis, Ind., was westbound on the driveway access of 1720 S. Tamiami Trail, approaching the fast-food restaurant. Andrew Delong of Venice was walking north from the McDonald’s entrance. Delong ran across the driveway access and into the car’s path, the report shows, colliding with the left front of the Altima.
Delong was taken to Blake Medical Center in Bradenton with serious injuries. Neither Austin nor her passenger, Coleen Austin, 71, of Englewood, was hurt. No charges are pending, the report shows.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office Reported the following arrests:
• Joshua Joseph Mount, 25, of Fort Myers. Charge: out-of-county warrant. Bond: none.
• Cody Michael Gordon, 19, 7900 block of Estates Dr., North Port. Charge: unarmed burglary of unoccupied building and petty theft of property valued at more than $100 but less than $300. Bond: $10,000.
• Xavier Rachaud Flemming, 22, 900 block of Spring View Ave. N.W., Port Charlotte. Charges: two counts of armed burglary and two counts of grand theft of property valued at more than $300 but less than $5,000. Bond: none.
• Brandt Garrison Glover, 19, 100 block of Rotonda Lake Circle, Rotonda. Charges: knowingly driving with suspended license and violation of nonresident exemption driver’s license. Bond: $1,000.
• Nathan Thomas Wells, 39, 11500 block of Royal Road, Punta Gorda. Charges: DUI, resisting officer without violence and fleeing. Bond: $12,000.
• Kevin Lee Peterson, 30, homeless. Charge: shoplifting. Bond: $1,000.
• Enoch Henry Rogers, 21, 700 block of Burland St., Punta Gorda. Charge: grand theft of a controlled substance. Bond: $2,500.
• Valerie Marie Flannery, 28, 26500 block of Deer Road, Punta Gorda. Charge: not supporting child or spouse. Bond: $320.
• Stephen Joseph Gregoire, 51, 3200 block of Sherwood St., Port Charlotte. Charge: aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill. Bond: $10,000.
• Gregory Sean Turner, 3100 block of Pinetree St., Port Charlotte. Charges: fleeing police, resisting officer without violence, knowingly driving with suspended license and leaving scene of crash involving damage to property. Bond: none.
• Benjamin Claude Delannee, 29, of Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: $2,000.
• Dennis Alan Shifflet, 45, 3200 block of Perugia St., North Port. Charge: possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and unregistered license plate. Bond: $2,500.
• Kevin Ray Smith, 46, of Lake Wales, Fla. Charges: knowingly driving with suspended license and out-of-county warrant. Bond: $2,500.
• Joshua William Kelley, 26, 7400 block of Ashtabula St., Englewood. Charges: possession of controlled substance without prescription and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $3,500.
• Craig Alan Grayson, 71, 6600 block of San Casa Drive, Englewood. Charge: violation of county ordinance. Bond: $250.
—Compiled by Merab-Michal Favorite and Lorraine Schneeberger