SARASOTA COUNTY — The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a suspect who allegedly robbed a Pizza Hut in Sarasota at about 10:45 p.m. Monday.
Deputies responded to the Pizza Hut at 3251 Lockwood Ridge Road after an employee said a white male subject entered the business and handed him a note demanding money and inferring he had a gun, according to an SCSO report.
The suspect was given an undetermined amount of cash and then fled on foot. No firearm was observed and no one reported any injuries, the report shows.
The man is believed to be in his 40s; is 6 feet, 2 inches tall and 160 pounds with a black beard; and was wearing an off-white hooded jacket.
This is an ongoing investigation by the Sheriff’s Office’s Criminal Investigations Section.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call 941-861-4900; or to leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers by calling 941-366-TIPS (8477), or online at www.sarasota
Area stores cited for underage alcohol sales
SARASOTA COUNTY — Twelve convenience store clerks, including two in South County, were cited for selling alcohol to a minor during an undercover operation conducted by the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office Juvenile Alcohol Task Force Thursday and Friday.
In South County, the stores were the Hess Express at 350 Commercial Court, Venice; and Low Price Tobacco and Beer at 700 S. Tamiami Trail, Nokomis. The businesses were found to be in violation of selling alcohol to a person younger than 21, and the clerks were given a misdemeanor notice to appear in court.
Another 43 businesses were found to be in compliance and were sent a letter to commend owners and employees for helping to reduce the sale of alcohol to minors, according to the SCSO.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Patricia Lee Morris, 38, 24000 block of Contra Costa Lane, Punta Gorda. Charge: Hernando County warrant. Bond: $10,000.
• Melissa Dawn Arthur, 37, 4500 block of Britnall St., Port Charlotte. Charges: driving with a suspended license and failure to have motor vehicle liability insurance. Bond: $1,000.
• Travis Jerome Madkins, 24, of Modesto, Calif. Charges: possession of marijuana and possession of narcotics equipment. Bond: $2,000.
• Christopher Lee Snyder, 20, 700 block of S. Broadway St., Englewood. Charges: violation of probation and disorderly conduct. Bond: none.
• Walter Maurice Reynolds, 75, address withheld. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Juan Carlos Mandujo Alanis, 25, 1400 block of Maryknoll Road, Englewood. Charge: disorderly intoxication. Bond: $500.
• Jessica Marie Simmons, 26, 3800 block of Eagle Pass St., North Port. Charges: disorderly intoxication and resisting an officer. Bond: $1,500.
• Bret Alexander Rule, 29, of Myakka City, Fla. Charge: possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and possession of narcotics equipment. Bond: $6,500.
• Manuel Angel Rolon, 41, 300 block of Fortuna Road, Arcadia. Charges: trafficking in a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, cruelty toward a child without great harm, driving with a suspended license and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $202,500.
• Marie Reynolds Prall-Moran, 48, 1200 block of Maryknoll Road S., Englewood. Charge: DUI. Bond: $500.
• Michael Alan Padley, 24, homeless in Englewood. Charges: resisting an officer with violence, loitering and prowling, and giving false identification to an officer. Bond: $13,500.
• Sarah Kristine Dill, 22, 10500 block of Amberjack Way, Englewood. Charge: loitering and prowling. Bond: $500.
• Dodie Allyson Albritton, 20, 9100 block of Raccoon Trail, Arcadia. Charges: trafficking in a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, cruelty toward a child without great harm and possession of narcotics equipment. Bond: $82,500.
— Compiled by Elaine Allen-Emrich and Brenda Barbosa