Report: Stabbing, hit and run prompts manhunt
PORT CHARLOTTE — Authorities arrested one man and are on the hunt for another after their involvement in a stabbing and a hit and run at a gas station Thursday, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Arrested was Ronald Wayne Peyton, 30, of the 21900 block of Felton Avenue, Port Charlotte. Peyton was charged with three counts of aggravated assault and one count of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Authorities are still looking for Richard Allen Foist, 24, also of Port Charlotte.
According to the report, Peyton and Foist were riding in a Ford F-150 pickup driven by Peyton when it encountered a trio of women and another man at the Marathon gas station at Port Charlotte Boulevard and U.S. 41.
One of the women was an ex-girlfriend of Foist’s, the report states, and Foist approached the man to confront him about hanging out with his ex. Foist yelled at the man, and then lunged at him with a knife, cutting him on the chest, the report states. The injury was minor and the man refused treatment.
As Foist and Peyton made their getaway, they struck a 56-year-old woman who was with the group, striking her with the truck’s wheel well and knocking her into a pole, the report states. She was transported to Peace River Regional Medical Center in Port Charlotte and later was released, according to the report.
Authorities launched a search for the two men and later would arrest Peyton, still driving the pickup, at the intersection of U.S. 41 and Elkcam Boulevard around 5 p.m., the report states. They were still on the hunt for Foist, who has a last known address on the 21900 block of Hernando Avenue, Port Charlotte.
Peyton was transferred to the Charlotte County Jail, where he remains on $80,000 bond.
Woman charged with stealing debit card
PORT CHARLOTTE — A Tropical Gulf Acres woman faces multiple fraud and theft charges Friday after they say she stole a debit card and used it at several local stores, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Tiquisha Devona Bennett, 25, of the 27000 block of Treadmill Drive, was charged with five counts each of criminal use of personal identification information, fraudulent use of a credit card and petty theft, in connection to the incident.
According to the report, Bennett stole the victim’s debit card out of her purse Dec. 27 after watching the woman type in her PIN number at a local grocery store. The report states the victim is caring for Bennett’s children because of Bennett’s drug habit, and she invited Bennett into her home to visit the kids the same day. Later the victim noticed the card missing, the report states.
Five separate charges were made at stores — including Winn-Dixie, 7-Eleven, Advance Auto Parts, Rainbow Food Market and Publix — totaling $356, the report states. Surveillance images from all five stores clearly show Bennett using the stolen card, according to the report.
Bennett was located and arrested early Friday morning in Port Charlotte. She was transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where she remains on $20,000 bond.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Phillip George Simmonds, 26, of Reston, W.Va. Charges: possession of a controlled substance, possession of narcotic equipment and possession of marijuana. Bond: $4,500.
• Jack Ray Pittman, 43, 23000 block of Central Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: $10,000.
• Donnahue Emile Facey, 25, 100 block of Salem Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: battery and violation of probation. Bond: none.
• Jerald Wesley Strah, 28, 21200 block of Birwood Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: battery and resisting arrest. Bond: none.
• Irving Grand Pierre, 28, 17800 block of Murdock Circle, Port Charlotte. Charges: petty theft and resisting recovery of retail merchandise. Bond: $2,000.
• Christopher John Weems, 53, 4800 block of Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte. Charge: disorderly conduct. Bond: $500.
• Timothy Glenn Rhodes, 48, 3200 block of Easy St., Port Charlotte. Charges: failure to appear and failure to maintain vehicle insurance. Bond: $6,000.
• Kevin Lamont Romer, 32, of Miami. Charge: Hillsborough County, Fla., warrant. Bond: $250.
• Johnny Demetrius Turner, 28, of Miami. Charges: possession of a controlled substance and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $3,500.
• Sunshine Alely Nova, 26, of Miami. Charges: possession of marijuana and possession of narcotic equipment. Bond: $2,000.
• Michael Lee Sills, 21, of Fort Myers. Charges: six counts of violation of probation (original charges: two counts each of trafficking in stolen property, fraud and grand theft). Bond: none.
• Devon Roy Thomas, 46, of Fort Myers. Charges: driving with a suspended license and displaying an altered driver’s license. Bond: $1,000.
• Nadine Cynthia Fraser, 45, of Fort Myers. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: fraud and grand theft). Bond: none.
• Kelly M. Walsh, 28, 900 block of Gulf Blvd., Englewood. Charge: battery. Bond: $2,500.
• Thomas Powell Sturgess, 36, 3300 block of Ginseng Lane, Englewood. Charges: habitually driving with a suspended license and violation of probation (original charge: driving with a suspended license — second offense). Bond: $3,350.
• Andrew William Yager, 22, 10400 block of Kidron Ave., Englewood. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Adrian Ruiz, 35, of Coral Gables, Fla. Charges: three counts of violation of probation. Bond: none.
• Robin Marie Hale, 46, of Cape Coral. Charges: DUI and refusal to submit to DUI testing. Bond: $1,750.
• Artemio Manuel Villalobos, 30, of Arcadia. Charge: operating a motor vehicle without a valid license. Bond: $500.
• Tammy Lynn Johns, 40, 11300 block of First Ave., Punta Gorda. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: none.
• Anthony George Noel, 36, 15000 block of Cattledock Point Road, Port Charlotte. Charge: habitually driving with a suspended license. Bond: $2,500.
• Dennis Ryan Lovelace, 35, 10100 block of Topsail Ave., Englewood. Charge: battery. Bond: $3,000.
The Punta Gorda Police Department reported the following arrest:
• Jaime Nicole Stratico, 35, 23200 block of Elmira Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charges: disorderly intoxication and resisting arrest. Bond: $1,500.
— Compiled by Drew Winchester