Man dies following I-75 rollover
SARASOTA COUNTY — A Naples man succumbed to his injuries after flipping his SUV on Interstate 75 Saturday night, two miles north of Laurel Road.
According to a Florida Highway Patrol report, Thomas Jeffery Miller II, 34, was traveling north in a 2002 Toyota RAV4 just before 7 p.m. His sport-utility vehicle was in the center lane near the 197 mile marker. Miller lost control of the vehicle and veered into the grass median, the report shows. The RAV4 struck several palm trees and overturned several times before coming to final rest on its roof in the wooded median.
Miller, who was not wearing a seat belt, was partially ejected, the report shows. He was flown by Bayflite helicopter to Blake Medical Center in Bradenton with critical injuries. He later died at the hospital, the FHP reported.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Matthew David Didonato, 25, of Sarasota. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: sale, delivery or manufacture of marijuana). Bond: none.
• Albert Lee Thomas, 41, 2700 block of Bailey Ave., Punta Gorda. Charges: possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $35,000.
• Jordan Tyler Futch, 22, 26200 block of Deep Creek Blvd., Punta Gorda. Charge: knowingly driving with a suspended license. Bond: $500.
• Christopher Eric Benning, 31, 3100 block of Key Lane, Port Charlotte. Charge: habitually driving with suspended license. Bond: $2,500.
• Chachi Neville Jenkins, 31, 700 block of Jarvis St., Port Charlotte. Charges: possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and out-of-county warrant. Bond: $10,000.
• Heather June Tyler, 24, 3500 Beacon Drive, Port Charlotte. Charges: failure to maintain insurance, driving with suspended license and violation of probation. Bond: none.
• Richard Allen Foist, 24, 21200 block of Hernando Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: aggravated battery, possession of drug paraphernalia, providing false identification to a law officer, resisting arrest and four counts of possession of controlled substance. Bond: $52,500.
• Bernard Albert Brunelle, 60, 4500 block of Kaskin Ave., North Port. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Anthony Joseph Picerno, 24, 1000 block of Lassonde St., North Port. Charges: failure to appear, resisting arrest, possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana. Bond: $35,000.
• Andrew John Dawson, 24, 6100 block of Berkeley St., Englewood. Charges: driving with suspended license and failure to maintain insurance. Bond: $1,000.
• Tessila Marie Powell-Isaac, 40, 19400 block of Edgewater Drive, Port Charlotte. Charges: sale of cocaine, possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $8,500.
• Oleg Reznikov, 38, 200 block of McDill Drive, Port Charlotte. Charges: DUI, refusal to submit to DUI test after license was suspended and reckless driving. Bond: $4,750.
• Andrea Marie Blanchette-Terry, 44, 7400 block of Rosemont Drive, Englewood. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.