Report: Woman found iPhone, demanded
$100 from owner
PORT CHARLOTTE — A woman was arrested Monday for taking a smartphone from a rest room, then calling the owner and demanding money to give it back, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Rene Marie Glynn, 43, 400 block of Delany St., Port Charlotte, was charged with grand theft and dealing in stolen property after she found an iPhone4 in the rest room of the Wal-Mart in Murdock, then demanded the owner pay her $100 to return it, according to a report. Glynn reportedly said if the victim didn’t give her the money, she would sell the phone on eBay.
The victim’s boyfriend made arrangements to meet Glynn at the Murdock Wal-Mart to retrieve the phone, the report states. CCSO detectives met the boyfriend at Wal-Mart and waited for Glynn to arrive. The boyfriend offered Glynn $20 and she accepted, giving the phone back in return for the cash, authorities said. CCSO detectives then arrested Glynn and took her to the Charlotte County Jail, where she remains on $7,500 bond, according to the report.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Officer reported the following arrests:
• Joshua Aaron Cass, 30, 5400 block of Chandler Terrace, Port Charlotte. Charge: grand theft of property valued at more than $5,000. Bond: $2,500.
• Cynthia Ann Cicirello, 48, 10300 block of Pendleton Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: two counts of violation of probation (original charges: committing criminal mischief and knowingly driving with suspended license). Bond: $1,750.
• Damien Joseph Mosser Jr., 35, 3300 block of Pine Tree St., Port Charlotte. Charges: petty theft, petty theft of property valued at more than $100 and dealing in stolen property. Bond: $7,000.
• Charles De Waine Broadnax, 25, 1400 block of Lullaby St., Port Charlotte. Charge: out-of-state fugitive. Bond: none.
• Kelly Dawn Bess, 31, 2700 block of N. Beach Road, Englewood. Charge: battery. Bond: none.
• Edward Ernest Yuhasz, 51, of Bradenton, Fla. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: DUI). Bond: none.
• Maria Magdelina Montanez, 57, 5600 block of Almar Drive, Punta Gorda. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: VOP). Bond: $950.
• Kristy Marie Lauer, 29, 23400 block of Wickens Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: knowingly driving with suspended license). Bond: $750.
The Punta Gorda Police Department reported the following arrest:
• Alexander Carter, 19, no address listed. Charge: giving false ID to law officer. Bond: none.