Second man accused in rape of girl, 11
PORT CHARLOTTE — A second man has been charged with having sex with an 11-year-old girl last year after his son was arrested on the same charge, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Christopher James Roberts, 54, of Jacksonville, was returned from Duval County on a warrant to face a charge of sexual battery on a child under 12 years of age that occurred in Port Charlotte Sept. 4. He is being held in the Charlotte County Jail on $750,000 bond.
CCSO detectives arrested his son, Christopher Maurice Roberts, 37, of Fleming Island, Fla., on Dec. 18 for allegedly having sex twice with the same girl. He remains in jail without bond.
According to a police report, the victim said she was walking to a gas station to buy a soda when she was approached by an unknown male, later identified as the son, driving a 2006 purple Dodge Charger. He offered her a ride, taking her to an unknown residence somewhere in Port Charlotte, where both he and the father had sex with her, she told authorities.
The victim, who was staying at a youth shelter in Fort Myers, had run away from home after being granted a weekend home visit.
When she got back to the shelter, the girl told a counselor what had occurred. The girl gave detailed descriptions of the two men. She also said she did not offer any resistance because she was in fear for her life.
Report: Two charged in home burglary
PORT CHARLOTTE — Two men were arrested in connection with a burglary of a Port Charlotte home on the 3400 block of Normandy Drive after witnesses saw them in the act, according to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Corey Lee Soares, 25, 14000 block of Corktree Circle, Port Charlotte, and Keith Leo Woods, 23, 1200 block of Sugar Pine Court, Punta Gorda, were arrested on burglary and theft charges Wednesday after witnesses told detectives they saw an older model four-door car with two men parked nearby. They said one man jumped over a fence and walked toward the victim’s home, while the other man stayed outside the car. The other man came back from the home with a laptop under his shirt, got into the car and drove off, leaving the other man behind, witnesses said. The car returned and picked him up, according to the report.
According to the report, the witnesses gave a very detailed description of both men and got the license tag number of their vehicle. Detectives located the car at Soares’ home, according to the report.
The victim said both men previously had been to the house for a party.
Detectives later found Soares and Woods inside their home. Both men had reportedly shaved their heads to disguise themselves. They were taken to the Charlotte County Jail. Woods remains in jail on $7,500 bond, while Soares was released on $7,500 bond.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• William Keith Nadler, 43, 10000 block of Winding River Road, Punta Gorda. Charges: sale of synthetic narcotics, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $55,000.
• John William Aldridge, 66, 24000 Vincent Ave., Punta Gorda. Charge: battery. Bond: $5,000.
• Mikeria Talitha Johnson, 26, 3400 block of Westlund Terrace, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: $865.
• Matthew Ryan Cross, 19, 18500 Morrisson Ave., Port Charlotte. Charge: battery. Bond: $5,000.
• Dooley Evan Pickering, 34, of Nokomis. Charge: habitually driving with a suspended license. Bond: $2,500.
• Jerall Marlan Spencer, 27, of Lehigh Acres. Charges: failure to appear and DUI with damage to property. Bond: $10,000.
• Donovan Michael Shaw, 48, of Lauderhill, Fla. Charge: out-of-county warrant. Bond: $1,000.
• Marcus Quinton Farrior, 28, 9300 block of Popular Ave., Englewood. Charges: possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $2,000.
• Brian Robert Shearer, 31, 400 block of San Felix, Punta Gorda. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Skyler Duane Sandifar, 25,1500 Inverness St., Port Charlotte. Charge: operating a motor vehicle without a valid license. Bond: $2,500.
The Punta Gorda Police Department Reported the following arrest:
• Rachel Ann Simpson, 30, homeless in Punta Gorda. Charge: battery. Bond: $5,000.