Drug raid nets six arrests
ENGLEWOOD — Five men and one woman were arrested after narcotics unit detectives raided a known drug house on Casa Grande Avenue Friday morning, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff’s report.
Arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia were: John Timothy Cooper, 24, and Ryan Louis Messer, 24, both of Casa Grande Avenue; Christopher Michael Scherbert, 23, and Scott Bouthiller, 24, both of the 3000 block of Gillot Avenue, Gulf Cove; Dustin A. Luther, 22, of Heath, Ohio; and Kathleen Dwyer, 20, of the 900 block of Brengle Avenue, Englewood. Cooper, Messer and Dwyer additionally were charged with possession of cocaine.
The detectives executed a search warrant on the house, where they found a baggie of cocaine residue, a spoon and marijuana in Messer and Cooper’s room; marijuana, a grinder and a digital scale with marijuana residue where Luther was located; “numerous drug items, including a grinder, a digital scale, marijuana and rolling papers” in a bedroom where Dwyer was staying; and, where Scherbert and Bouthiller were, marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to the report.
All six were transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where Cooper, Messer and Dwyer were held on $4,500 bond each; and Scherbert and Luther were held on $2,000 bond. Bouthiller was released later Friday after posting $2,000 bond.
Anyone who knows about illegal drug activity is asked to call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Joseph Jerry Ogilby, 52, of Ruskin, Fla. Charges: off-bond recommit on two counts. Bond: $3,000.
• William Ronald Wright Jr., 53, 4700 block of Knollwood Drive, Punta Gorda. Charges: burglary and grand theft — third offense. Bond: $5,000.
• Brandi Lynn Drake, 32, 21300 block of Meehan Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: burglary and petty theft. Bond: $3,500.
• Anthony Lewis Hager, 30, homeless in Port Charlotte. Charges: petty theft and resisting property recovery. Bond: $2,000.
• Kyle Richard Willeke, 1100 block of Strasburg Drive, Port Charlotte. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: driving without valid license and operating an unregistered vehicle). Bond: $900.
• Jeremy Allen Jones, 33, 4300 block of Mundella Circle, Port Charlotte. Charge: out-of-state fugitive. Bond: $10,000.
• James Ray Mitchell Kopycinski, 27, of Illinois. Charge: violation of probation (original charges: battery by strangulation, resisting arrest with violence and resisting arrest). Bond: $5,000.
• Joshua James Jacobs, 30, 4300 block of Ocala Terrace, North Port. Charge: violation of probation (original charge: driving with a suspended license). Bond: none.
• Jeffery Michael Knox, 54, of Madison, Fla. Charge: DUI. Bond: $750.
• Luis Antonio Santiago-Neyron, 45, of Hollywood, Fla. Charges: failure to attach registration to a license plate, failure to maintain insurance and failure to register a vehicle. Bond: $1,500.
• Genghis Guyanese Abdoollah, 37, of Coconut Creek, Fla. Charges: driving with a suspended license, failure to maintain insurance, failure to attach registration to a license plate and failure to register a vehicle. Bond: $2,000.
• Kathleen Frances Brochu, 42, no address listed. Charges: possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was given supervised release.
• David Anthony McMullen, 45, 400 block of Allen St., Punta Gorda. Charge: failure to register as a sex offender. Bond: $5,000.
• Jacob Lee Stockton, 25, 1600 block of Faust Drive, Englewood. Charges: burglary and grand theft of a controlled substance. Bond: $10,000.
— Compiled by